Reduces the height of the new Google Bar to give you more room for the rest of your content
This extension reduces the vertical space taken up by the new Google Bar. With this extension installed, the Google Bar will take up even less space than it would if you manually select “Compact” density in the apps that support it. It also eliminates the black Google services bar.
Currently this works on Calendar, Docs, Drive, Finance, Gmail, Groups, Maps, News, Plus, Reader, Search, Sites (dashboard), Search (most types), Settings, and Voice. The reason for the long permissions list is simply to access the Google Bar on all these sites in all countries.
- Update 14 fixes issues with the new (I/O '13) Google+ redesign
- Update 13 fixes issues with the new Google+ profile design
- Update 12 adds support for the web history page
- Update 11 adds support for advanced web and video search and the account authorization page
- Update 10 adds support for Google Account settings pages
- Update 9 adds support for many TLDs (e.g., “.fr” or “.co.uk”) instead of just “.com”.
- Update 8 adds Google Drive and Google Advanced Image Search and upgrades to manifest_version 2.
- Update 7 fixes organization logos being too large (only affects Google Apps users).
- Update 6 improves the UI around the compact Google Bar in Google+ and enables the compact Google Bar on the Google Contacts manager.
- Update 5 fixes extra padding on the share and notification pop-ups.
- Update 4 removes the black bar that Google re-added as of 2012-02-09.
Compact Density for Google Contacts: http://goo.gl/mSuHp
Compact Density for Google Docs: http://goo.gl/bcWAz
Compact Density for Google Reader: http://goo.gl/jxLzh
Compact Density for Google Voice: http://goo.gl/leabq