Code viewer and editor embedded in your browser!
Codext harnesses the power of the Monaco Editor by dynamically inserting it into code webpages. In addition to standard editor features such as syntax highlighting, section folding and code formatting, this extension allows users to interact with documents and export changes locally.
Codext will help you out with the following tasks:
● displaying code from online file systems or repositories.
● opening and viewing local files in your browser.
● prettifying API responses (e.g. GET requests returning JSON).
● making quick changes to files and downloading those changes locally.
● viewing GitLab/Bitbucket raw files in a proper editor.
● and any use-case you can think of!
Head over to the official repository for more information (https://github.com/bbc/codext) and feel free to give us feedback!
Note: the extension is packaged from the BBC's open-source Codext repository (Apache 2.0), but this non official distribution is not endorsed by the organisation.