Reduce tab clutter - prevent duplicate tabs, quickly search & switch tabs, and more...
** Automatically detect and prevent duplicate tabs
Preventing and closing duplicates tabs is the core mission. The extension runs in the background, checking when tabs are opened, or links are clicked to see whether the target webpage is already open. If open, the extension switches focus to the existing tab, instead of opening a new one.
Additionally, quickly search and switch to open tabs - from popup or from location bar.
NEW: List all duplicate tabs, close them directly from list - all duplicates, or selectively. (For supporters only initially)
COMING SOON: ‘Disappear!’
Tune the core functionality using options - whitelist websites or domains to allow duplicates, or (in beta) use a blacklist to only block duplicates on certain websites.
1. Direct Switch - ClutterFree highlights links on webpages that are already open in another tab. Clicking a highlighted link switches directly the tab where the link is already open.
2. Open tab count - See number of open tabs on extension button
3. Quick Tab Search
- From address bar - type `cf` and space to search, and switch to open tabs
- From extension window - see list of all open tabs, and switch to, or close them directly from window
4. List duplicate tabs (e.g. in switched-off mode, or after installing)
- Close all duplicates with a direct click
- Selectively close duplicates
- Original tabs marked with a special icon
5. Keyboard shortcuts and right-click menu options for quick actions:
- Open extension window,
- Duplicate current tab,
- Move a tab to the end,
- Whitelist pages, and more
6. Detect all pre-existing duplicates, and prompt to close them
7. Detects duplicates suspended by 'The Great Suspender' extension
8. No analytics or tracking, including Google Analytics
9. Periodic statistics on duplicates prevented, and top domains for duplicates
>> "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit"
This phrase above is how Chrome describes when an extension uses the 'tabs' and "all_sites" permissions.
The extension needs these permissions to manage tabs - checking for, preventing, and closing duplicates.
You may read more about 'tabs' permissions here: https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/tabs
(Full update notes: https://updatenotes.blog/category/clutterfree/ )
UPDATE 10 Dec 2018: Duplicate tabs - indicator & lists
1. A red dot on extension button to indicate that duplicate tabs are open
2. See list of open duplicate tabs, and close all or selectively (For supporters only till mid-Jan 2019)
UPDATE 5 Dec 2018: Supporter subscriptions & context menu update
1. Gift a small subscription to support continued development of Clutter Free
2. Shorter menu item name when multiple context menus are added - now it just says 'Clutter Free'
UPDATE 22 Nov 2018: Notifications upgraded
1. New in-page notification style - they only show inside Chrome, not on the desktop.
2. Finer control over notifications - decide between ClutterFree styled, or default Chrome notifications, or switch them off entirely
3. Reopen closed duplicates from notification
4. BUG FIX: Tabs occasionally moved to the wrong location when duplicate opened in background
UPDATE 7 Nov 2018:
1. Moved all settings to synced storage so they update across machines
2. Remove AutoConvert Select link in extension window if already installed
UPDATE 6 Nov 2018:
1. BUG FIX: Check for `command` key on Mac for links being opened in a background tab
2. Added links to my AutoConvert Select extension
3. Removed link to my AcceleReader for Pocket extension