Reduce tab clutter by avoiding duplicate tabs, across Chrome windows
(Also handy to quickly duplicate current tab - from right-click/context menu or browser button)
- Close pre-existing duplicates from popup or notification
- Show number of open tabs on extension button
- Sync settings and whitelist across computers
- Move duplicate tab to end of Window
- Detects duplicates suspended with 'The Great Suspender' extension
- Duplicate current page from browser button or right-click/context menu.
- Special option provided: 'Allow duplicate tabs across different windows'
- Special option provided: 'Refresh on duplicate'
1. Modify behaviour from settings page
2. Settings - Whitelist of URLs that are allowed to duplicate
3. Settings - Add chrome://newtab/ to internal whitelist, so can open multiple blank tabs (and resolves issues on slower connections).
4. Settings - Start with extension switched OFF (recommended when frequently using on guest wifis that redirect to wifi login page).
5. Browser button - Force open a duplicate of the current tab
6. Browser button - 'Restore all tabs from startup' option.
7. Browser button - Whitelist this tab.
Permission: "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit"
This phrase above is how Chrome describes when an extension uses the 'tabs' permission and 'content scripts'.
The extension needs 'tabs' permission since that is how it manages tabs - checking for, and closing, duplicates.
You can read more about Content Scripts here: https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/content_scripts
You can read more about 'tabs' permissions here: https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/tabs
Hope this helps!