Reduce tab clutter by avoiding duplicate tabs, across Chrome windows
Keyboard shortcuts to duplicate tabs, whitelist pages, move tab to end, and manage extension.
** Automatically detects duplicate tabs, and closes them before they open. Optionally, changes focus to already open tab, when a duplicate is opened.
1. Displays number of open tabs on extension button,
2. Duplicate and move tabs (to end) using keyboard shortcuts, right-click menu, or extension button
3. When enabled, detects all pre-existing duplicates, and prompts to close them,
4. Whitelist websites where you wish to allow duplicates,
5. Detects duplicates suspended by 'The Great Suspender' extension,
6. Optionally, sync settings and whitelists across your computers
7. Many more options for customisations available in settings.
PERMISSION: "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit"
This phrase above is how Chrome describes when an extension uses the 'tabs' permission and 'content scripts'.
The extension needs 'tabs' permission since that is how it manages tabs - checking for, and closing, duplicates.
You can read more about Content Scripts here: https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/content_scripts
You can read more about 'tabs' permissions here: https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/tabs
Hope this helps!