Reduce tab clutter by avoiding duplicate tabs, across Chrome windows
Prevents duplicate tabs, in and across windows. (Also handy to quickly duplicate current tab - from right-click/context menu or browser button)
- Use context menu (right click menu) to quickly duplicate current tab, or whitelist current tab URL.
- Special case option: 'Ignore hash' enabled
- Special case option: 'Refresh on duplicate' enabled
1. Modify behaviour from settings page
2. Settings - Whitelist of URLs that are allowed to duplicate
3. Settings - Add chrome://newtab/ to internal whitelist, so can open multiple blank tabs (and resolves issues on slower connections).
4. Settings - Start with extension switched OFF (recommended when frequently using on guest wifis that redirect to wifi login page).
5. Browser button - Force open a duplicate of the current tab
6. Browser button - 'Restore all tabs from startup' option.
7. Browser button - Whitelist this tab.
Upcoming (If there's an ask for them):
1. Settings: Show infobar on duplicate tab to trigger close & switch, instead of doing it automatically
2. Settings: Keep newer tab instead of older tab when closing tabs (not recommended - possible data loss in old tab)
3. Browser button: Force close of all duplicate tabs previously open (not recommended - data loss)