Gmail™ attachments from the cloud! Attach files effortlessly from Dropbox, Box, GDrive, Facebook, Instagram, Evernote and many more.
★ Now supports SkyDrive too!
★ Without ever leaving Gmail, Cloudy lets you:
• Attach files from Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, SkyDrive, Github, and Gmail itself
• Attach photos from Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, Picasa
• Attach notes from Evernote
• Take a photo or a video (in Gmail!) and attach it
• Search for images online to attach
★ Cloudy integrates seamlessly with the Gmail interface and does not consume valuable screen estate
★ Files are real email attachments, unlike competing services which simply insert a link in the body of the email
★ Security is paramount: file transfers are handled by filepicker.io, a trusted Silicon Valley company, over a secure connection (more at https://www.filepicker.io/about/)
★ Cloudy respects your browsing privacy and only requests access to mail.google.com
★ Cloudy in the press:
”If you have files spread across multiple services, Cloudy makes sending them off as an attachment in an email a simple one-step process.”
”If you are a Gmail and Chrome user who uses more than one cloud storage service, or uses one other than Google Drive, Cloudy is a must have.”
———————————————————— MORE INFO ————————————————————
Ever had to download a file to your desktop, just so you could attach it to an email? Tired of downloading attachments just to resend them to someone else?
Sounds painfully familiar? No more! With Cloudy, you can now attach files from anywhere directly from your Gmail page. Thanks for Filepicker.io, attaching a file from Dropbox, Facebook, Flickr, and loads of other locations in the "cloud" has never been easier.
How does it work? In Gmail, click "Attach a file." Instead of getting the regular file selection dialog, you'll now see a list of sources on the left. Choose one of them, say Dropbox, and then browse your Dropbox right from within Gmail to attach the file you want. Of course, you can still attach from your computer by selecting "My Computer".
I hope you like Cloudy!
Lastly, make sure you check out Filepicker.io, it's awesome! Using it is a no-brainer for any website that handles file uploads.
Cloudy is an open source project. Check it out on Github: http://github.com/alxlive/cloudy
The making of Cloudy: http://www.milouchev.com/blog/?p=245
———————————————————— UPDATES ————————————————————
• [Mar 2013] Fixed slow loading time of options popup for Cloudy
• [Mar 2013] Fixed bug when "popping out" a window in Gmail (for chat, email threads, compose windows)
• [Feb 2013] Fixed conflict with Gmail Attachments to Drive.
• [Feb 2013] Added options popup, ability to order/disable cloud services, select multiple files.
• [Feb 2013] Fixed bug: file size displayed as NaN for Facebook photo uploads.
• [Feb 2013] Cleaned up code, should get rid of some obscure bugs and improve performance.
• [Feb 2013] Fixed rare bug for users of the old compose that have multiple "from" addresses.
• [Feb 2013] Fixed language bug. Cloudy now works for non-English users!
• [Jan 2013] Fixed cosmetic bug, Cloudy icon was not showing due to changes in Gmail.
• [Nov 2012] Cloudy is now updated to work with Gmail's new compose interface!
———————————————————— KNOWN ISSUES ————————————————————
• There have been reports of conflicts with extension from www.ge.tt - seems no longer the case?
• No support for SkyDrive and SugarSync (nothing I can do about this -- I rely on FilePicker.io for supporting the various cloud providers)
• Not fully compatible with HelloSign for Gmail. You may see errors if you have both extension enabled at the same time.