Code in the Cloud! Integrated file manager, automatic syncing, offline support, a powerful editor, and live testing for HTML/JS.
Cloud Code is a simple yet powerful in-browser code editor, powered by the fantastic CodeMirror editor (see http://codemirror.net ).
If you want to try Cloud Code before you buy, there's a trial version available at:
In short, Cloud Code has a bunch of features that will make coding the cloud a breeze: a file manager, automatic syncing, syntax highlighting and auto-indent, and more.
- It has a built-in file manager that allows you to create new files and folders, and has options to import your existing code into Cloud Code.
- Automated syncing (based on your Google account) allows you to code on one computer and swap to another one (like a CR-48) without missing a beat. Sync has a 25 size limit for now...options to upgrade will be available in the future.
- Cloud Code works online or offline. If you're on a shaky connection, or going on a plane flight, Cloud Code will automatically detect if you're offline. The next time you go online, Cloud Code will (if you want) automatically sync up.
- Syntax highlighting and auto-indent support for the following languages:
- HTML & CSS
- And Cloud Code will let you edit and sync any other file as well.
- You can easily download any file, or download a directory as a zip -- perfect for creating an extension/app/theme all inside Chrome.
- Finally, use Cloud Code Web to view, download, and delete any of your synced Cloud Code files and directories from any device anywhere! More features will be coming to Cloud Code Web soon.
If you ever have any issues, check out the Cloud Code Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/cloud-code-discuss
Note: Chrome version 9 or greater is required to use Cloud Code.