ClickUp is a productivity platform that makes your personal and work lives more productive, saving you time.
ClickUp's revolutionary Chrome Extension replaces five separate apps, virtually allowing you to do anything!
1. Create Tasks & Save Websites as Tasks
2. Time Tracking: Easily attach time to ClickUp tasks
3. Screenshots: Capture, mark up, and edit screenshots
4. Email: Create tasks and attach emails to tasks
ClickUp is free forever for up to 100MB of files storage.
Installing the Chrome Extension
1. Click ADD TO CHROME
2. Click Add extension in the next popup
3. Log in to your ClickUp Account
4. Select the Workspace(s) that should have access
Create Tasks & Saves Websites as Tasks
Creating a new task
1. Select the "New Task" tab
2. Write a title for your task
3. Add assignees and a due date
4. Write a description for your task. (Pro tip: Use Markdown Shortcuts in your description fast rich text editing)
5. Click Create New Task
Bookmark a site as a task
1. Click on the Bookmark tab
2. This automatically sets the page title & URL as the task title
3. You can also add a description here
4. Then you'll also be given the option to attach a screenshot of the website to the task by clicking Include screenshot
Set a Default List
Save a default destination for tasks making this the fastest way to add new tasks!
Time Tracking: Easily attach time to ClickUp tasks
Simply locate a task in the extension and select it to begin tracking time.
From the Time Spent window, you are able to view time logged on recent tasks and even remove time that was accidentally logged.
Back in the ClickUp task, the time has been logged, and we can even start the extension's timer from within the task.
Screenshots: capture, mark up, and edit screenshots
Capture your entire browser tab or select a certain area to add to a task or download to your computer
Attach the file to an existing task or create a new one
The extension grants you extremely detailed mark up functionality:
- draw what you want on top of the screenshot
- set a color and brush size
Arrow, line, circle, square
- quickly add shapes to highlight areas of the screenshot
- set a color and brush size
- add notes right onto a screenshot
- set a color, size, and substrate (background)
- select an area of the screen you would like to remain hidden.
- drop increasing numbered markers on your screenshot
- dragging and dropping allows you to create a box with the number
- perfect for sharing steps with a team member
- select things you've already added to the screenshot and make adjustments
Undo / Redo
Attach to comments
1. Take a screenshot with the Chrome Extension
2. With the screenshot still in the extension, open a task in ClickUp
3. Open the comment editor
4. Click the "Chrome attachment" button
Email: Create tasks and attach emails to tasks
Capture an email
Click the Add to ClickUp button in your email to generate a full HTML record of the email.
Attach emails to tasks and create tasks from emails
ClickUp will attach the email to a task or create a brand new one with the email attachment included so you can quickly view, jump back, or download the email!
For more info, check out our doc on attaching emails to ClickUp!
You can also access your ClickUp notes from any page. Open the extension to the Notepad tab, and all of your notes are available from ClickUp. Your notes will sync across all your devices. Use Markdown Shortcuts and Rich Text in any note.
When hovering over a note, you will be able to rename the note, archive, delete, and convert the note to a task.
While inside a note, at the bottom are the options to see earlier versions of the note, open the fullscreen editor, as well as the option to convert the note to a task.
The ClickUp button gives you quick access to the Notepad, Bookmarks, Screenshots, Time Tracking, and creating a task from any webpage.
To move the button, click and drag it to any spot on the page.
To hide the button, hover over the x icon. You can choose to hide the button for the current session, always for the current website you're on, or turn them off all together.