A VOICE FOR EVERYONE
Clicker Communicator is the definitive AAC app that gives a voice to children and young people with speech and…
A VOICE FOR EVERYONE
Clicker Communicator is the definitive AAC app that gives a voice to children and young people with speech and language difficulties. It’s one of Crick Software’s acclaimed Clicker apps, continuously developed over 20 years and used across the world.
“I love the crisp, easy-to-use interface! The thoughtfulness of features that no other AAC apps have speaks to Crick's continued dedication to students with special needs.” Laura Giovanetti, CAGS, CCC-SLP, ATP
“I continue to be impressed by Crick’s ability to create functional, practical and user-friendly software/apps for students with special needs, particularly for those with complex communication needs.” Betsy Caporale, MS, CCC-SLP-L, AT
“…intuitive, reliable and quick to personalize - my new favourite app for communication support. Thanks Crick Software!” Elaine M. Sokolowski, SLP/AT
GET STARTED QUICKLY
The ready-made Vocabulary Sets are carefully constructed using colour-coded, research-based core words, a proven approach for providing a rich communication experience and developing language skills. The three levels – Clicker Core 1, Clicker Core 2 and Clicker Core 3 cover a wide ability range and use consistent layouts to optimise motor-mapping and enable children to progress from one level to the next.
CREATE AND EDIT IN MINUTES
Clicker Communicator works in the same intuitive way as all the Clicker Apps, enabling you to meet the needs of your learners by editing the ready-made Vocabulary Sets or creating your own. Personalise every last detail by adding photos, colours, and topics, and repositioning cells. And you won’t find a faster way of searching and selecting symbols anywhere!
DESIGNED FOR CHILDREN
We’ve used our 20+ years of experience in developing special needs software to create an app that includes:
• Easy to read Sassoon font
• Realistic children’s voices
• Child-friendly keyboard with symbol-supported predictor
• Research-based Vocabulary Sets at three levels
• Free curriculum-based Vocabulary Sets on LearningGrids
USE THE SYMBOLS YOU WANT (or none at all)
Clicker Communicator comes with the complete SymbolStix library of over 24,000 symbols. Also included is the Crick Picture Library: over 3,000 curriculum pictures to support a wide range of classroom topics. Or use text-only Vocabulary Sets, supported with the child-friendly keyboard.
TALK IN CLASS
Get your learners with speech difficulties taking an active vocal part in the classroom. Our free LearningGrids resources provide the opportunity to respond to teaching points, participate in discussions, and ask and answer topic-based questions. Created by our curriculum team, these free online Vocabulary Sets provide access to the vocabulary your learners will meet in their curriculum topics, and provide a natural link to literacy development.
ACCESSIBILITY BUILT IN
Clicker Communicator has accessibility built into the design:
• SuperKeys – our unique access method for those who need big target areas. Just click/tap the cluster containing the symbol you want, and then tap the symbol in the enlarged cluster.
• Toolbars are only visible when editing – all navigation is done from the grid.
• Favorite/Recent messages and Vocabulary Sets are accessible with just one click/tap.
USE IT YOUR WAY
• Use anywhere – no Internet connection needed
• Choose between American, British or Australian English children’s or adult voices
• Build messages symbol by symbol, word by word, or with the app’s own on-screen keyboard. Or make whole messages available with just one click/tap
• Customize the voice, font and colors
• Use on your Chrome tablet or Chromebook
SHARE AND BACKUP
Your personalized Vocabulary Sets are saved to your device on your Google Drive so it’s easy to share and keep backups.
PART OF CRICK SOFTWARE’S CLICKER FAMILY
Based in the UK and US, Crick Software has a worldwide reputation for quality educational software for learners of all abilities, and we provide free support. Clicker Communicator is part of the family of Clicker Apps – find more in the Web Store by searching for Crick Software.
Install on your Chromebook and use it for 28 days free. After the 28 days, you can place your order for an individual, school or support service subscription.
Get more information on pricing and licensing at www.cricksoft.com/chromeapps