This extension mutes all sites by default. If a site tries to play any sound you'll be notified so you can decide what to do
If you like this extension and want to help the developer, please consider making a donation:
When this extension is installed, every new website that is loaded by the browser will be muted by default unless it's found on the extension's whitelist.
Several features allow you to control which sites sound and which don't:
- You can mute or unmute any site just by clicking the extension icon, just like it's normally done with the tab speaker icon.
- When a website starts trying to play sounds you'll be notified by this extension. Then you can unmute it for the current browser session or add it to the white list. If you ignore the notification or close it, the website will be automatically added to black list.
- A website that is whitelisted will be unmuted by default and you won't receive any notification.
- KILLER FEATURE: This extension is only triggered when a tab tries to play audio. This improves the extension efficiency and avoids having unnecessary muted speaker icons on tabs that do not sound, giving a cleaner appearance to the browser tabs.
- The extension icon gives you information about the current website white or black list status: If the speaker icon is white, the url is whitelisted. If the speaker icon is strikethrough and contains a black dot, the url is blacklisted.
Simple, effective and powerful