A simple extension to hide the Ticker and restore default Newsfeed order to latest stories first and promotions
A simple extension that restores the Newsfeed as a chronological collection of posts. It also hides the triangular blue corner tabs that appear in each story. The News Ticker panel is now hidden - it used to be visible in the Chat window and the normal view.
This extension has been reviewed in a few places:
Life Hacker: "Facebook Classic Puts Your News Feed Back into Chronological Order"
Addictive Tips: "Facebook Classic – Restore Latest News On Your Facebook Wall"
How do you know its worked?
- On visiting Facebook, swaps the default Feed view to the Most Recent
- Allow you to provide direct feedback on problems and feature requests
0.0.2.3 - Bug-fix. Typo. Oops.
0.0.2.2 - Removed messaging, code clean-up (reduced size, unused libraries)
0.0.2.1 - Bug-fix (again - sorry!) Assumed all users used https. Not always the case. Clean-code.
0.0.1.5 - Bug-fix! Properly sort Stream based off URL - will refresh page (quickly) if necessary.
0.0.1.4 - Don't show irrelevant message for non-us users. Basic stats for usage.
0.0.1.3 - Note to users regarding Facebook chats etc being accessible by NSA
0.0.1.1 - Added message bar noting NSA program, over July 4th weekend (4th - 8th)
0.0.1.0 - Logo and name change to address a second Cease and Desist
0.0.0.9 - Minor. Updated logo.
0.0.0.8 - Added icon for Toggle button (usually under Events link on right)
0.0.0.7 - BUG FIXES! From last release. Sorry. Hopefully this will do it.
0.0.0.6 - Added a Show/Hide Ticker option in column to right of the Newsfeed
0.0.0.5 - Hide the Ticker under Chat view as well as normal view
Note to users in Feedback (and those about to leave a comment):
- This does not interfere with Chat. If you have problems with the Chat window then its not me, its something else - maybe you have other extensions installed?. This extension is very very specific in what it does and doesn't touch Chat. At all. Ever.
- It does not interfere with Profile pictures. That was a separate Facebook problem and since solved.
- I cannot reply to questions in the feedback - Google doesn't give me your info (and rightly so!)
- If you have problems installing it, well, its not me, its you. Leaving feedback with install problems doesn't make you look too smart (I mean that in the best possible way, its true - just read what others have said. No pleasant way to say that, sorry).