A simple text-to-speech reader with editing, proofing, speaking dictionary, color changing and word prediction.
An easy-to-use App to support reading and writing.
- Open PDF, Microsoft Word and RTF documents or write your own.
- Speak back text with highlighting in fifteen languages.
- Dictate into your documents with speech recognition in fifteen languages.
- Change font and colour to help reading.
- Look up words in a speaking dictionary.
- Use word prediction to help with writing.
- Use Google spellcheck to check your words.
From Claro Software, the developers of ClaroRead and ClaroPDF.
ClaroSpeak uses text-to-speech (TTS) to let you speak back PDF and Word documents you open from Google Drive or your Chromebook or Windows or Mac machine, or documents you type yourself. It supports UK and US English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Chinese, Indonesian, Polish and Russian. Additional voices may be available depending on your system, and you can install more voices from the Chrome Web Store.
ClaroSpeak can support proofing and editing by people of all abilities: it is easier to hear a mistake than read it. But it is of especial use in schools, colleges, universities and elsewhere in education for people with print impairments, such as dyslexia. The ability to change the font (typeface), font size, background colour and text colour can be help to people with Irlen Syndrome or with sight problems (visual impairment or blindness) by reducing or increasing the contrast.