Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS
The Early Access Release/ Tech preview of Citrix Workspace app
The purpose of this EAR is to ensure that everything works in your enterprise using Citrix Workspace app for Chrome. It is supported only on Chrome OS endpoints.
What’s new in 2106.5
Microsoft Teams support
With this release, you can use the following features of Microsoft Teams for virtual desktop and virtual app sessions:
• Optimized audio calls
• Optimized video calls
• Optimized screen sharing
It is supported only on VDA versions 1906 and later.
• To troubleshoot, and to change Microsoft Teams to optimized from un-optimized within your client session, see Troubleshooting for Microsoft Teams optimization.
• Screen sharing currently allows sharing of the entire screen, including areas outside of Citrix Workspace app. To avoid unintended data exposure, this feature is disabled by default but can be enabled through the Google admin policy. For more information, see Microsoft Teams optimization settings.
• During screen sharing using Microsoft Teams optimization, the red border around the shared window does not appear.
• Video calls are supported only on the primary monitor. If you try to move your Microsoft Teams call to a different monitor in your virtual desktop session, only audio calls are supported. You might not be able to see participant videos nor your own.
• App sharing is currently not supported.
Microsoft Teams optimization settings:
To enable screen sharing using the Google admin policy, change the screen sharing value to true for msTeamsOptimization as follows:
"screenSharing" : true
To enable screen sharing for Bring your own device (BYOD) users:
Follow these steps and change the configuration using the Web.config file:
• Open the web.config file for the Citrix Receiver for Web site. This file is typically located in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\storenameWeb, where storename is the name specified for the store when it was created.
• Locate the chromeAppPreferences field and set its value with the configuration as a JSON string.
Fixed issues in 2106.5
• Sessions do not support multi-monitor mode if you set the display resolution to any mode other than DPR (Device Pixel Ratio) and auto-fit.
• Attempts to launch Microsoft Teams optimized sessions on a Chromebook with 32-bit operating system might fail.
• Applications launched inside the virtual desktop on a Chromebook might display visual artifacts.
Known issues in 2106.5
• No new known issues have been observed in this release.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and are subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.