Citrix Workspace app for ChromeOS
What’s new in 2301
- Service continuity :
Service continuity removes or reduces the dependency on the availability of components that are involved in the connection process. You can launch the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops and Citrix DaaS regardless of the health status of the cloud services. In other words, service continuity allows you to connect to the DaaS apps and desktops during outages. As a prerequisite, your device must maintain a network connection to a resource location.
For more information, see the Service continuity(https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace/optimize-cvad/service-continuity.html) section in the Citrix Workspace documentation.
-Plug and play audio device :
Previously, only a single audio playback and recording device was supported and displayed as Citrix HDX Audio irrespective of the real device name.
With the 2301 release, we support multiple audio devices and redirect them to VDA. Now, when you redirect USB audio devices, you can view the real name of the audio device under the Sound settings > Playback and Sound settings > Recording on the VDA. The list of devices on the VDA is dynamically updated whenever an audio device is plugged in or removed.
- Multi‑window chat and meetings for Microsoft Teams :
Starting with the 2301 version, you can use multiple windows for chat and meetings in Microsoft Teams.
If you’re running an older version of Citrix Workspace app or Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA), remember that Microsoft will deprecate the single‑window code in the future. However, you can upgrade to Citrix Workspace app 2301 or later and VDA - 2203 or later.
For details about the pop‑out window feature, see Pop out a chat in Teams (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/pop-out-a-chat-in-teams-cff95cb0-34af-423f-8f69-fe9106973790).
- Browser Content Redirection :
Browser Content Redirection (BCR) redirects the remote browser’s content to the client's device. BCR is a frameless-borderless web browser that runs within the remote desktop window and covers (overlays) the remote (VDA) browser’s content area.
- Double hop :
Starting with the 2301 release, we now support double-hop scenarios as part of enhancements to USB redirection.
For more information, see Double hop(https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/technical-overview/double-hop.html) in the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops documentation.
- USB auto-redirection settings :
Previously, there was no option related to USB auto-redirection settings to set the end user preferences. Composite USB redirection in Citrix Workspace app is managed by policies (allow/ autoRedirect/ deny). As administrators control these policies, the end user has to manually redirect required USB devices on every session launch.
Starting with the 2301 release, the end user can select a preference for auto-redirection for any USB device within a Virtual Desktop session. Citrix Workspace app now provides app-level settings, where the end user can control the USB auto-redirection. The end user can set preferences and can save the setting across session launches.
Fixed issues in 2301
- In cloud deployments, the enhanced PDF printing feature does not work as expected. The print preview opens in a new window instead of opening in the same window.
- Webcam redirection isn’t working when you use Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops version 2206 and later. With the latest fix, the webcam redirection is successful from the Citrix Workspace app for ChromeOS version 2301 and later.
- When you use Citrix Virtual apps and Desktops version 2203 and later you might observe that the VDA session appears corrupted.
- When you use Chromebook and attempt to call from optimized Microsoft Teams, the call doesn’t work as expected. The following error message appears:
" Sorry, it was not possible to connect".
Known issues in 2301
- There are no new known issues.
Limitation in 2301
- On the VDA, the name of the built-in audio device is in English only. The issue occurs when you use a Chromebook.
Recommendations and Notes:
• Starting with the version 2202 (22.214.171.124), only valid JSON is honored for pushing the configuration to Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS. Do the following:
• Verify the configuration JSON using https://jsonlint.com/.
Follow the steps mentioned in Get started[https://stage-docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-chrome/get-started.html] page to update:
- Google Policy
• We recommend using Configuration utility tool[https://stage-docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-chrome/google-policies.html] to generate valid JSON settings to customize Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS using:
- Google Policy
• For more information, see Knowledge center article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX229141.
• If you are on HTTP-based stores, for a secure context, we recommend that you transition to HTTPS-based stores. For more information, see HTTPS.
• To avoid any impact of Chrome OS version 96 update on Microsoft Teams functioning, do the following before you update the Chrome OS:
• For a repackaged Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS users, see Knowledge Center article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX331648 and implement the steps.
• For a version of Citrix Workspace app 2110 and earlier, see Knowledge Center article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX331653.
For more information about Citrix Workspace app, visit
Updated: February 7, 2023
Languages: See all 11
Contact the developer
Prestige Dynasty, Phase, 33/2, Ulsoor Rd,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560042