Citrix Workspace app for ChromeOS
What’s new in 2305
- Enhancements to Virtual Channel SDK
Starting with the 2305 release, Citrix Workspace app for ChromeOS supports Window Management APIs in Virtual Channel SDK. Web APIs enable IT administrators to create interactive applications and customize them for their end users.
- Manifest V3 support for SDK scenarios
Starting with the 2305 release, Citrix Workspace app for ChromeOS supports HDX SDK for Chrome extensions with manifest version 3.
- Support for network printers
Previously, the Citrix PDF Printer option was used to print from the virtual desktop session. The print driver converted the file to PDF and transferred the PDF to the local device. The PDF was then opened in a new window for viewing and printing.
Starting with the 2305 release, Citrix Workspace app for ChromeOS supports network printing. End users can view the list of printers that are connected to their Chromebook inside the session. Users can select a printer directly without generating intermediate PDF files on the local device. This feature is supported on:
VDA versions 2112 and later.
ChromeOS version 112 and later.
- Support for multiple stores
Starting with the 2305 release, IT administrators can assign multiple stores to end users. Now, it is easy for end users to switch between multiple stores without needing to remember the exact store URL. This feature improves scalability and user experience when accessing multiple stores.
- Enhancements to URL redirection
Previously, when host-to-client redirection was enabled, URLs were intercepted on the server VDA and sent to the user's device. Citrix Workspace app for ChromeOS displayed a pop-up dialog asking the user to select whether to open the URL within the session or on the local device. The dialog appeared for every URL.
Starting with 2305, administrators can configure the URL redirection to open the links in the local device without additional pop-up dialogs. This enhancement improves the user experience.
Fixed issues in 2305
- While disconnecting from HDX SDK for CWA Chrome OS using the disconnect API, the session appears in active mode for a few minutes on Citrix Studio (DDC machine), even after being disconnected.
- In a session, when two participants are in the optimized Microsoft Teams meeting, the screen sharing and audio might fail. The issue occurs when you enable and disable the camera several times during the call.
- When you upgrade your device to ChromeOS version 108, text on the published desktop might appear blurred. The issue occurs on devices where the graphical processing unit (GPU) doesn't support medium precision.
Known issues in 2305
- When the end user opens a published app and refreshes Citrix Workspace app, a duplicate instance of the published app appears.
Recommendations and Notes:
• Starting with the version 2202 (18.104.22.168), only valid JSON is honored for pushing the configuration to Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS. Do the following:
• Verify the configuration JSON using https://jsonlint.com/.
Follow the steps mentioned in Get started[https://stage-docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-chrome/get-started.html] page to update:
- Google Policy
• We recommend using Configuration utility tool[https://stage-docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-chrome/google-policies.html] to generate valid JSON settings to customize Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS using:
- Google Policy
• For more information, see Knowledge center article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX229141.
• If you are on HTTP-based stores, for a secure context, we recommend that you transition to HTTPS-based stores. For more information, see HTTPS.
• To avoid any impact of Chrome OS version 96 update on Microsoft Teams functioning, do the following before you update the Chrome OS:
• For a repackaged Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS users, see Knowledge Center article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX331648 and implement the steps.
• For a version of Citrix Workspace app 2110 and earlier, see Knowledge Center article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX331653.
For more information about Citrix Workspace app, visit
Updated: May 17, 2023
Languages: See all 11
Contact the developer
Prestige Dynasty, Phase, 33/2, Ulsoor Rd,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560042