Citrix Workspace app for Chrome
The new Citrix Workspace app (formerly known as Citrix Receiver) provides a great user experience — a secure, contextual, and unified workspace — on any device. It gives you instant access to all your SaaS and web apps, your virtual apps, files, and desktops from an easy-to-use, all-in-one interface powered by Citrix Workspace services.
Fixed issues in 2101.6
When you play an audio or a video file through the Windows Media Player (WMP) within a session, the session might exit unexpectedly. [RFHTMCRM-4800]
What’s new in 2101.5
Improved webcam performance
This release improves the overall performance and stability of the webcam with 32-bit applications. Citrix Workspace app for Chrome now provides enhanced performance support for 64-bit applications. For more information, see Webcam redirection for 64-bit (https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-chrome/configure.html#webcam-redirection-for-64-bit)
When an application overlaps with the application window of the video conferencing call for a participant, all participants on the call might see a static video image for that participant.
Improved audio performance
Citrix Workspace app for Chrome now allows you to experience smooth audio quality on your calls when using a webcam. You will no longer see much lag between audio and video. Also, earlier, when you set the PCM Audio through the VDA, you were unable to hear the audio. This release addresses those issues and improves the overall audio performance and stability.
Audio recommendations: For best performance, use a USB headset within a session to speak and to listen.
Fixed issues in 2101.5
1. When there is video playback in parallel with the video conferencing call, the webcam video might become unresponsive. As a workaround, turn the webcam off and back on within the conferencing app. [RFHTMCRM-4631]
2. Certain Excel keyboard shortcuts such as CTRL+SHIFT+L, CTRL+SHIFT+3, and ALT + ‘=’ might fail to work in sessions running on Chromebook. For more information, see Excel shortcuts. [RFHTMCRM-4571]
3. In scenarios where a published application is already running, when you launch another application through session sharing, a connection dialog box appears with a spinning circle. [RFHTMCRM-4580]
4. With session sharing enabled, when you attempt to launch a session through the HDX SDK for HTML5, the session might not receive any messages. The issue occurs with seamless sessions. [RFHTMCRM-4581]
Known issues in 2101.5
1. A webcam video might not appear during an application launch. This error message appears: No webcam device available.
As a workaround, log off from the session and log back on.
2. When you move the window of a video conferencing app during a call, the session might display artifacts that hide screen content and other portions of the display.
For more information about Citrix Workspace app, visit