Citrix Workspace app for ChromeOS
What’s new in 2303
- Background blurring and effects in MS Teams optimization
Starting with the 2303 release, Citrix Workspace app for ChromeOS supports background blurring and effects in Microsoft Teams optimization for video calls. You can either blur or replace the background effects provided by Microsoft Teams to avoid unexpected distractions by helping the conversation stay focused on the silhouette (body and face). This feature can be used with P2P and conference calls.
- This feature is disabled by default.
- This feature is now integrated with the Microsoft Teams UI. Multi-window support is a prerequisite that requires a VDA update to 2112 or higher. For more information, see [Multi-window meetings and chat](https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-chrome/about.html#multiwindow-chat-and-meetings-for-microsoft-teams).
- Plug and Play audio device support
- Previously, only a single audio playback and recording device was supported and displayed as Citrix HDX Audio irrespective of the real device name.
- Starting with the 2303 version, you can connect multiple audio devices and redirect them to VDA. When you redirect USB audio devices, you can now view the real name of the audio device under the Sound settings > Playback and Sound settings > Recording on the VDA. The list of devices on the VDA is dynamically updated whenever an audio device is plugged in or removed.
Note: By default, this feature is enabled.
For more information, see Plug and Play audio device support https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-chrome/configure.html#plug-and-play-audio-device-support.
Fixed issues in 2303
- There are no fixed issues.
Known issues in 2303
- There are no new known issues.
- When you connect multiple audio devices in a session, you can hear audio from one device only. You might not be able to switch to the other audio device.
- In a session, you might not hear audio when you disconnect and reconnect to your previous session through the toolbar.
Recommendations and Notes:
• Starting with the version 2202 (188.8.131.52), only valid JSON is honored for pushing the configuration to Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS. Do the following:
• Verify the configuration JSON using https://jsonlint.com/.
Follow the steps mentioned in Get started[https://stage-docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-chrome/get-started.html] page to update:
- Google Policy
• We recommend using Configuration utility tool[https://stage-docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-chrome/google-policies.html] to generate valid JSON settings to customize Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS using:
- Google Policy
• For more information, see Knowledge center article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX229141.
• If you are on HTTP-based stores, for a secure context, we recommend that you transition to HTTPS-based stores. For more information, see HTTPS.
• To avoid any impact of Chrome OS version 96 update on Microsoft Teams functioning, do the following before you update the Chrome OS:
• For a repackaged Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS users, see Knowledge Center article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX331648 and implement the steps.
• For a version of Citrix Workspace app 2110 and earlier, see Knowledge Center article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX331653.
For more information about Citrix Workspace app, visit
Updated: March 24, 2023
Languages: See all 11
Contact the developer
Prestige Dynasty, Phase, 33/2, Ulsoor Rd,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560042