Citrix Workspace app for ChromeOS
What’s new in 2311
Compatible with Google ChromeOS v119
- Adaptive Transport [Technical Preview]
Starting from the 2311 version, Citrix Workspace app for ChromeOS supports the Adaptive Transport feature.
Adaptive Transport delivers a superior user experience on challenging long-haul connections while maintaining server scalability. This feature delivers a high-quality HDX experience on web-based platforms.
For more information, see the Adaptive transport section in the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops documentation.
This feature is disabled by default.
This feature is a request only preview. To get it enabled in your environment, fill out the Podio form (https://podio.com/webforms/19653047/1329504).
Fixed issues in 2311
- USB redirection might not be successful when the DDC V1 policy set on the Citrix Studio in the DDC machine doesn't take effect. The issue occurs when the DDC V1 policy isn't set as a higher priority than the VDA registry setting with the key `\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\PortICA\GenericUSB`.
- When you start a desktop session and check the Citrix Director console, the ICARTT value might appear zero. The ICARTT value might have a positive value when you immediately check after you start the session. However, after some time, it might later appear as zero.
Known issues in 2311
- There are no new known issues in this version.
Recommendations and Notes:
• Starting with the version 2202 (184.108.40.206), only valid JSON is honored for pushing the configuration to Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS. Do the following:
• Verify the configuration JSON using https://jsonlint.com/.
Follow the steps mentioned in Get started[https://stage-docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-chrome/get-started.html] page to update:
- Google Policy
• We recommend using Configuration utility tool[https://stage-docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-chrome/google-policies.html] to generate valid JSON settings to customize Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS using:
- Google Policy
• For more information, see Knowledge center article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX229141.
• If you are on HTTP-based stores, for a secure context, we recommend that you transition to HTTPS-based stores. For more information, see HTTPS.
• To avoid any impact of Chrome OS version 96 update on Microsoft Teams functioning, do the following before you update the Chrome OS:
• For a repackaged Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS users, see Knowledge Center article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX331648 and implement the steps.
• For a version of Citrix Workspace app 2110 and earlier, see Knowledge Center article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX331653.
For more information about Citrix Workspace app, visit
Updated: November 28, 2023
Languages: See all 11
Contact the developer
Prestige Dynasty, Phase, 33/2, Ulsoor Rd,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560042