Citrix Workspace app for ChromeOS
What’s new in 2312
Compatible with Google ChromeOS v119
- Support for secondary ringer
You can use the secondary ringer feature to select a secondary device on which you want to get the incoming call notification when Microsoft Teams is optimized.
For example, consider that you have set a speaker as the Secondary ringer, and your endpoint is connected to the headphones. In this case, Microsoft Teams sends the incoming call ringer to both headphones and the speaker. You can’t set a secondary ringer in the following cases:
When you aren’t connected to more than one audio device
When the peripheral is not available (for example, a Bluetooth headset)
Note: By default, this feature is disabled.
Known limitation in the feature
-When you enable this feature, you might hear the secondary ringer reverberate with a lag on the server VDA.
- Simulcast implementation for optimized Microsoft Teams video conference calls
Starting with the 2312 release, by default, simulcast support is enabled for optimized Microsoft Teams video conference calls. With this support, the quality and experience of video conference calls across different endpoints are improved by adapting to the proper resolution for the best call experience for all callers.
With this improved experience, each user might deliver multiple video streams in different resolutions (for example, 720p, 360p, and so on) depending on several factors including endpoint capability, network conditions, and so on The receiving endpoint then requests the maximum quality resolution that it can handle thereby giving all users the optimum video experience.
This feature is available only after the roll-out of an update from Microsoft Teams. For information on ETA, go to https://www.microsoft.com/ and search for Microsoft 365 roadmap. When the update is rolled out by Microsoft, you can check CTX253754 for the documentation update and the announcement.
- Store URL without HTTPS
Starting from the 2312 release, you can enter the store URL directly without mentioning `https://` in the URL explicitly.
Note: If you are still using a http store, we strongly recommend that you migrate to the https store. In the meantime, you can access your http store by explicitly adding http at the beginning of the store URL.
Fixed issues in 2312
- A session might fail to start when a cloud deployment outage occurs.
- In a session, when you open the Microsoft Excel app and use the key combination Ctrl + spacebar, the key combination might not work as expected.
Known issues in 2312
- When you enable the service continuity feature, and when the cloud deployment outage occurs, the Citrix Workspace app icon appears on the Chrome shelf instead of the actual desktop or app session's icons.
- When you transfer files using Client Drive Mapping functionality from your local device to the VDA and conversely, data might get corrupted.
- When you start a desktop session using Citrix Workspace app, green blocks are visible on the display screen that blocks the UI. The issue might occur when you move an application window inside the launched desktop.
Recommendations and Notes:
• Starting with the version 2202 (184.108.40.206), only valid JSON is honored for pushing the configuration to Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS. Do the following:
• Verify the configuration JSON using https://jsonlint.com/.
Follow the steps mentioned in Get started[https://stage-docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-chrome/get-started.html] page to update:
- Google Policy
• We recommend using Configuration utility tool[https://stage-docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-chrome/google-policies.html] to generate valid JSON settings to customize Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS using:
- Google Policy
• For more information, see Knowledge center article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX229141.
• If you are on HTTP-based stores, for a secure context, we recommend that you transition to HTTPS-based stores. For more information, see HTTPS.
• To avoid any impact of Chrome OS version 96 update on Microsoft Teams functioning, do the following before you update the Chrome OS:
• For a repackaged Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS users, see Knowledge Center article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX331648 and implement the steps.
• For a version of Citrix Workspace app 2110 and earlier, see Knowledge Center article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX331653.
For more information about Citrix Workspace app, visit
Updated: December 5, 2023
Languages: See all 11
Contact the developer
Prestige Dynasty, Phase, 33/2, Ulsoor Rd,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560042