Citrix Workspace app for ChromeOS
What’s new in 2211
- Automatic display of virtual keyboard
Starting from this release, a virtual keyboard automatically appears when you place the cursor on an editable field. This feature enhances the user experience on touchscreen devices, unlike the previous behavior where you had to click the keyboard icon to view the virtual keyboard.
- Adaptive Audio
With Adaptive audio, you don’t need to configure the audio quality policies on the VDA. Adaptive audio optimizes settings for your environment and replaces legacy audio compression formats to provide an excellent user experience. For more information, see https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/multimedia/audio.html
- Browser Content Redirection
Browser Content Redirection (BCR) redirects the remote browser’s content to the client's device. BCR is a frameless-borderless web browser that runs within the remote desktop window and covers (overlays) the remote (VDA) browser’s content area.
BCR redirects the contents of a web browser to a client device, and creates a corresponding browser embedded within the Citrix Workspace app. This feature offloads network usage, page processing, and graphics rendering to the endpoint. Doing so improves the user experience when browsing demanding webpages, especially webpages that incorporate HTML5 or WebRTC. Only the viewport (the user’s visible area of a webpage) is redirected to the endpoint. Browser content redirection doesn’t redirect the user interface (the address bar, toolbar, and so forth) of the browser on the VDA.
In other words, BCR provides the ability of rendering webpages in the allow list on the client side. This feature uses Citrix Workspace app to instantiate a corresponding rendering engine on the client side, which fetches the HTTP and HTTPS content from the URL.
- Composite USB redirection
Previously, when a composite USB device was connected to the local device, it could only be used as a single device through USB redirection. The disadvantage was that the interfaces like audio and video also got redirected through USB, despite optimized channels. The interfaces weren’t separate and due to this incapability, administrators could not decide which component to redirect through USB and which ones to redirect through the optimized virtual channel (like audio interface) to achieve the best performance.
Starting from the 2211 release, administrators can configure if certain interfaces of the device are redirected to the session through USB redirection or not. The end user can now select and redirect a specific constituent interface of a composite USB device to the Citrix Workspace app session through USB redirection.
- Fixed issues in 2211
- When you share your device screen to present a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) session with the administrator, you can see both the administrator's and your mouse pointers on the screen.
- Known issues in 2211
There are no known issues in this release.
- Limitation in 2211
Recommendations and Notes:
• Starting with the version 2202 (188.8.131.52), only valid JSON is honored for pushing the configuration to Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS. Do the following:
• Verify the configuration JSON using https://jsonlint.com/.
Follow the steps mentioned in Get started[https://stage-docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-chrome/get-started.html] page to update:
- Google Policy
• We recommend using Configuration utility tool[https://stage-docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-chrome/google-policies.html] to generate valid JSON settings to customize Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS using:
- Google Policy
• For more information, see Knowledge center article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX229141.
• If you are on HTTP-based stores, for a secure context, we recommend that you transition to HTTPS-based stores. For more information, see HTTPS.
• To avoid any impact of Chrome OS version 96 update on Microsoft Teams functioning, do the following before you update the Chrome OS:
• For a repackaged Citrix Workspace app for Chrome OS users, see Knowledge Center article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX331648 and implement the steps.
• For a version of Citrix Workspace app 2110 and earlier, see Knowledge Center article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX331653.
For more information about Citrix Workspace app, visit
Updated: November 15, 2022
Languages: See all 11
Contact the developer
Prestige Dynasty, Phase, 33/2, Ulsoor Rd,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560042