Citrix Workspace app for ChromeOS
The Early Access Release/ Tech preview of Citrix Workspace app
The purpose of this EAR is to ensure that everything works in your enterprise using Citrix Workspace app for ChromeOS. It is supported only on ChromeOS endpoints.
What’s new in 2312
- Support for secondary ringer
You can use the secondary ringer feature to select a secondary device on which you want to get the incoming call notification when Microsoft Teams is optimized.
For example, consider that you have set a speaker as the Secondary ringer, and your endpoint is connected to the headphones. In this case, Microsoft Teams sends the incoming call ringer to both headphones and the speaker. You can’t set a secondary ringer in the following cases:
When you aren’t connected to more than one audio device
When the peripheral is not available (for example, a Bluetooth headset)
Note: By default, this feature is disabled.
Known limitation in the feature
-When you enable this feature, you might hear the secondary ringer reverberate with a lag on the server VDA.
- Simulcast implementation for optimized Microsoft Teams video conference calls
Starting with the 2312 release, by default, simulcast support is enabled for optimized Microsoft Teams video conference calls. With this support, the quality and experience of video conference calls across different endpoints are improved by adapting to the proper resolution for the best call experience for all callers.
With this improved experience, each user might deliver multiple video streams in different resolutions (for example, 720p, 360p, and so on) depending on several factors including endpoint capability, network conditions, and so on The receiving endpoint then requests the maximum quality resolution that it can handle thereby giving all users the optimum video experience.
This feature is available only after the roll-out of an update from Microsoft Teams. For information on ETA, go to https://www.microsoft.com/ and search for Microsoft 365 roadmap. When the update is rolled out by Microsoft, you can check CTX253754 for the documentation update and the announcement.
- Store URL without HTTPS
Starting from the 2312 release, you can enter the store URL directly without mentioning `https://` in the URL explicitly.
Note: If you are still using a http store, we strongly recommend that you migrate to the https store. In the meantime, you can access your http store by explicitly adding http at the beginning of the store URL.
Fixed issues in 2312
- A session might fail to start when a cloud deployment outage occurs.
Known issues in 2312
- When you enable the service continuity feature, and when the cloud deployment outage occurs, the Citrix Workspace app icon appears on the Chrome shelf instead of the actual desktop or app session's icons.
- When you turn on the background blurring feature while using Microsoft Teams optimization, intermittently, the participant's video might freeze when multiple users are in the meeting.
- When you transfer files using Client Drive Mapping functionality from your local device to the VDA and conversely, data might get corrupted.
- When you start a desktop session using Citrix Workspace app, green blocks are visible on the display screen that blocks the UI. The issue might occur when you move an application window inside the launched desktop.
If you are on HTTP-based stores, for a secure context, we recommend that you transition to HTTPS-based stores. For more information, see https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/storefront/1912-ltsr/secure.html#change-storefront-server-base-url-from-http-to-https.
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops version 7.6 has reached end of maintenance. For more information, see https://www.citrix.com/support/product-lifecycle/product-matrix.html. With the legacy graphics mode enabled, a black screen might appear in sessions running on 7.6 VDAs. We recommend setting the Legacy Graphics Mode to Disabled.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and are subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Updated: November 22, 2023
Languages: See all 11
Contact the developer
Prestige Dynasty, Phase, 33/2, Ulsoor Rd,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560042