citadel allows anyone to edit any website and save it. A special thanks to the Kickstarter backers who made it possible.
To anyone unable to get the extension to work:
- restart chrome after installing
- allow the page you're trying to edit to fully load before clicking the Citadel icon
- ensure that the "show changes" box is checked and you've clicked "save"
Any reviews stating it doesn't work unfortunately just didn't follow basic directions :)
If for some reason it remains non-functional after following those steps, please leave a bug report with the URL of the page that you are unable to edit.
citadel is a unique chrome plugin that allows anyone to edit any site on the web and save it. Yep, you read right. However, citadel only saves the site locally, so people on other computers can't see your changes. You can use it to add useful code to a website you visit lots, delete irritating features, or even to prank someone.
How it works:
1. Click on the citadel icon while browsing the website you want to edit.
2. Add, delete, or edit its content or code.
3. Save it.
Then, the next time someone visits the website you edited, it'll display the changed site.
Q: When I hit save and then refresh the page, the changes aren't shown. What's with that?
A: Be sure to check the box that says "Show Changes". If you don't select it, the changes won't show up.
Q: When I hit clear, nothing happens. How can I clear my changes?
A: To clear changes, you have to hit clear, and then save.
If you're not sure how to work ciatdel, check out this review/guide: http://goo.gl/5RxV22
- support for Mozilla Firefox and Safari
- element based changes for dynamic sites
- option to enable menu to remain open while editing
- design changes
- bug fixes
- any new features recommended by users - be sure to share and rate 5 stars for great updates!