A working Nintendo DS emulator for your Chromebook!
This is the very first Nintendo DS emulator available on the Chrome Store!
WARNING: IT IS USUALLY VERY LAGGY.
ChroNDS is a Nintendo DS Emulator for Chrome OS. It was created/found by Reddit user, /u/thisguyonreddit999.
Unfortunately, ChroNDS won't get any faster in upcoming updates since all it is doing is running an Android Emulator on a chromebook.
If you think this will be an easy setup, it won't be, to put it frankly. It takes the average person about 15 minutes to set this up correctly; this isn't a download-and-instantly-start-playing-app.
Since this is originally an Android app, an Android Runtime is required on your Chromebook. The official Google Android Runtime doesn't work with this, and you will have to install the ARChon Custom Runtime.
1. Make sure you read everything!!! Thank you:)
2. Download ARChon Runtime ( http://viid.me/qlsBOI ) .
If you know if your system is 64-bit, 32-bit or ARM(chromebooks), then great! If not, try ARM first, and change later if you find that it doesn't work.
3. Copy the contents of the ZIP file into a folder called ARChon, in your Downloads drive (Not your Google Drive!).
4. Now you can download ChroNDS. It is 7.23Mb. (It's a slightly larger than usual file, so be patient as it downloads. Download speed may vary depending on your wi-fi speed.)
5. Copy the contents of the ZIP file into a folder called ChroNDS, in your Downloads drive (Not your Google Drive!).
6. Go to chrome://extensions, and check the box that says Developer Mode.
7. Click the button that says "Load unpacked extension". Select the ARChon folder, and click Open.
8. Click the button that says "Load unpacked extension" again, and select the ChroNDS folder. Click Open.
9. Now, you should have ChroNDS in your App Launcher. Launch it, and if the icon shows for more than 30 seconds, try a different ARChon Runtime. If it asks you to select a folder, create a new Folder called "ChroNDS Files", and select it.
10. That's done with the installation. If you want to add games/ROMs, copy the .nds file into your "ChroNDS Files"->"Android", so that your ROM file is in the same directory as the "data" folder.
When downloading ROMs, put them in a local directory, not in google drive or onedrive, in something like "Downloads Folder".
Majority of the games are known to be laggy, so go to the spreadsheet link below.
to see game compatablity.
If your game is running slowly, try disabling some features or close out of all other applications.
ChroNDS does not frown or smile on downloading roms off the internet.
PS- If you just randomly found this app and have no idea whatsoever how emulators work(even the GBA emulators), please do a little bit of research and have some knowledge on how this generally works.
Also thank you for reading down this far. It takes quite a lot to make it work:)