An entirely web-based, plugin-free MUD game client built on the latest browser tech.
ChroMUD is a plugin-free (no Flash or Java), lightweight MU* game client.
Play any of thousands of text-based multiplayer games rich in roleplaying, player-killing, monster-hunting, item-crafting, or whatever your fancy happens to be.
Current features include:
- One click logging: Just click the "Start Logging" button to begin capturing all of the output from your MUD. When you're ready, click "Stop Logging" to receive a link to your HTML-based log!
- Click to scroll back: Click inside the main output area to freeze the scroller to scroll back to something you might have missed. Move your mouse outside the main output area to resume scrolling.
- Aliases: Click "Settings" to set/remove aliases. For example you can set an alias for, "g" to send, "say Greetings!" to the MUD. Now, everytime you type, "g" in the game, you'll offer a greeting to the room!
- Variables: Click "Variables" to set variables that you can use in aliases and bindings.
- Key Bindings: Create CTRL+[key] bindings to send a command! Check the settings menu to define your bindings.
- Triggers: (Experimental) Trigger on certain text sent by your game. ChroMUD can highlight the matched text, echo something locally to draw your eye, or send a command automatically (but be careful with that last one).
- System Import/Export: You can copy your system to save it for later use and import your existing system using the Import/Export button at the top right of the Settings window.
- System Storage: Save your system (requires free registration and sign in) to take it wherever you go.
Custom themes, MXP, ATCP(2), MCCP, xterm-256 color support, and more!
** Because I can't test every game out there, I appreciate your feedback (using the in-app link) on any problems you encounter. Thanks! **
* Savable character profiles/logins (requested)
* MCCP compression (requested)
* 256 color support (requested)