Update your Twitter status right from Chrome's Omnibox (URL bar).
Update your Twitter status right from Chrome's Omnibox (Omnibar, Awesomebar, URL bar, location bar, etc.).
Usage: Type "tw [your Tweet here]" into the Chrome Omnibox to easily Tweet from whatever web page you're on.
* Start by highlighting Chrome's Omnibox (Ctrl-L on PC or ⌘-L on Mac).
* Type "tw" (without the quotes).
* Hit spacebar.
* Type out your Tweet
* Hit enter.
Thank you YouTubers for the informative videos!
Follow us for updates: http://twitter.com/chromnitweet
Get the source code: https://github.com/dwyer/chromnitweet
Useless fact: Chromnitweet is a portmanteau of Chrome, Omnibox and Tweet.
* Fixed "remaining characters" count to account to URL shortening.
* Changed logo.
* Made the character count message more descriptive.
* Replaced the old non-working webkit notifications API with the new Chrome rich notifications API.
* Added permission to access twimg.com to display user profile photos in notifications.
* Workaround for bug in Chrome 31 detailed at https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=310870.
* Updated to comply with Chrome and Twitter API changes.
* Changed success and error notifications to make them more meaningful.
* Compiled the OAuth library to make it as small and fast as possible.
Chrome is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
Twitter, Tweet and the Twitter Bird are trademarks of Twitter.