Create Arduino-compatible sketches on your Chromebook
Update of original app [of same name] created by Casey Halverson, modified by Fraser Bullock to include serial monitor + user specified IP for compile server.
- Fixed terminal.
This app is on some-what life support at the moment due to the time-poorness of the developers. If you have any issues, please post an issue on the GitHub where we will actually receive a notification and act on it. We are always welcome to developers to help build out the features of this app.
Share the Love <3 :
If you have a spare development VPS or something lying around, why not help the community and run a public compile server on it. (You can also add some shameless self promotion in the description)
If you don't have servers to spare, but still want to support the project, you can also buy the developers a coffee.
Please visit the GitHub for more info.
Create Arduino-compatible sketches on your Chromebook.
Finally you can develop Arduino applications directly on your Chromebook! Chromeduino features an IDE environment to edit your Arduino sketch, AVRChick to upload your sketches to your Arduino, and a new serial terminal mode that lets you interact with your Arduino. No longer do you need to find a PC to use your Arduino for free.
- new compile server using nodejs
- support for stock arduino boards (untested, only nano and uno tested so far)
- improved coding interface
- new terminal that has the same functionality as the arduino IDE's serial monitor
- ability to choose between servers from a curated list or input a custom one
- saving and loading files
- settings persistence between opening and closing
- and much more
- Full featured IDE text editor
- Load and Save sketches right off your computer
- Interactive terminal mode
- Uploads sketches directly over USB to your Arduino
- No special accounts, access, service fees, etc.
- Works great on any (hopefully) Chromebook or Chromebox!
Coming soon in next releases:
- Library support
- Non-Arduino boards (ESP8266/ESP32)
- Multi-tab support for includes
- Examples library
- Better control character support in terminal mode
- Better sketch error reporting
Notice of Non-Affiliation and Disclaimer:
We are not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Arduino AG or Google LLC (“Google”), or any of their subsidiaries or their affiliates. The official Arduino AG website can be found at https://www.arduino.cc
The names "Chrome", "Chromebook", "Chromebox", "Arduino", and "Genuino" as well as related names, marks, emblems and images are registered trademarks of their respective owners.