Chrome Gopher allows for Chrome device data to be imported, filtered, analyzed, and bulk-updated right from the Sheets sidebars.
Chrome Gopher is an Add-on for Google Sheets that allows for Chrome device data to be imported, filtered, analyzed, and bulk-updated right from the sidebar of a Google Sheet.
Examples of the kinds of activities that you can perform with Chrome Gopher:
- Import CSV data directly from inventory or asset management systems containing your Chromebook Serial Numbers and metadata like assigned user, location, or notes.
- Use a barcode scanner to inventory a Chromebook cart and import all device data into the Sheet to analyze and perform bulk updates on.
- Analyze average device usage and activity in the last 15 days by organizational unit.
- Report on model number and end-of-life date across your domain, and by organizational unit.
- Quickly look up and update a single device by serial number, asset id, or assigned user.
- Isolate a group of devices by enrollment time, annotated location, or another field and bulk-move them into an organizational unit.
- Populate annotated user, location, notes, or asset ID for devices from a 3rd party export and bulk update the Chrome console from the data in the Sheet.
- Filter devices by make, model, partial serial number, mac address, or Chrome OS build for the purposes of inventory and upkeep.
- Identify under-utilized devices or devices with incorrect policies and settings by monitoring Chrome OS update state and/or last sync date in different org units.
- Run reports to show all usage session activity for a single device or user, which can be useful when tracking down causes of damage.