Chrome Gopher allows for Chrome device data to be imported, filtered, and analyzed. Bulk-update or de-provision devices from Sheets.
Chrome Gopher is an Add-on for Google Sheets that allows for Chrome device data to be imported, filtered, analyzed, and bulk-updated right from the sidebar of a Google Sheet.
Examples of the kinds of activities that you can perform with Chrome Gopher:
- Import CSV data directly from inventory or asset management systems containing your Chromebook Serial Numbers and metadata like assigned user, location, or notes.
- Use a barcode scanner to inventory a Chromebook cart and import all device data into the Sheet to analyze and perform bulk updates on device metadata or org units.
- Analyze average device usage, % utilization, and last policy refresh by organizational unit.
- Set reports to auto-refresh every 24 hours and build longitudinal datasets or live dashboards showing daily device usage up to the last 60 days. Share Sheets with other stakeholders (like principals, superintendents, tech integrators) to give a window into device utilization.
- Report on model number and end-of-life date across your domain, and by organizational unit.
- Quickly look up and update a single device by serial number, asset id, or assigned user.
- Isolate a group of devices by enrollment time, annotated location, or another field and bulk-move them into an organizational unit.
- Populate annotated user, location, notes, or asset ID for devices from a 3rd party export and bulk update the Chrome console from the data in the Sheet.
- Filter devices by make, model, partial serial number, mac address, or Chrome OS build for the purposes of inventory and upkeep.
- Identify under-utilized devices or devices with incorrect policies and settings by monitoring Chrome OS update state and/or last sync date in different org units.
- Run reports to show all usage session activity for a single device or user, which can be useful when tracking down causes of damage.
- Bulk DEPROVISION Chrome devices.
- Monitory auto-update state of devices by comparing reported Chrome version with latest Chrome version available (by device model).