View source code of Chrome extensions, Firefox addons or Opera extensions (crx/nex/xpi) from the Chrome web store and elsewhere.
View the source code of any Chrome extension in the Chrome Web store without installing it.
- Button at the Chrome Web store
- Download extension as zip file
- View source
- View source:
- File name/type filter
- Search in the file content (literal or regexp)
- Automatic beautification (formatting) of code
- Syntax highlighting
- Image preview
- View embedded zip files
- View any zip file by URL or file chooser
- View source of platform-specific extensions (such as Chrome OS-only extensions, or NaCl for a different architecture).
- Full support for incognito mode.
- Outputs public key and extension ID to the console.
Optional features (see options page):
- View source of Opera 15+ extensions or Firefox addons.
- "View extension source" contextmenu item on links to Chrome extensions
- View source of Chrome extensions outside the webstore. The View source button becomes visible when you select a CRX file for download.
Source code: https://github.com/Rob--W/crxviewer
Online demo: https://robwu.nl/crxviewer/
Add "downloads" permission to make sure that the "Download" button always works as intended.
Add extra parameters to the CRX URL to make sure that CRX files of extensions uploaded to the Chrome Web Store after July 2014 are correctly read.
- 1.2.6: Sync options, use optionsV2, show numeric progress instead of dots, updated JSBeautifier, restore font size.
- 1.2.7: Bugfixes (viewer height, checkbox filter).
Support Firefox addons (also available as a Firefox addon!)
Search within files
Customize webstore download parameters
View embedded zip files and any zip file
- 1.3.1: Use correct URL for loading extension files.
- 1.3.2: Bugfix to allow unusual extension URLs to be opened again.
- 1.4: New syntax highlighter, improved search controls, improved word wrap.