Adds button to show the source code of a Chrome extension (crx file) in the Chrome web store (and elsewhere if wanted)
View the source code of any Chrome extension in the Chrome Web store without installing it.
- Button at the Chrome Web store
- Download extension as zip file
- View source
- View source:
- File name/type filter
- Automatic beautification (formatting) of code
- Syntax highlighting
- Image preview
- Full support for incognito mode.
- Outputs public key and extension ID to the console.
Optional features (see options page):
- View source of Opera 15+ extensions.
- "View extension source" contextmenu item on links to Chrome extensions
- View source of Chrome extensions outside the webstore. The View source button becomes visible when you select a CRX file for download.
Source code: https://github.com/Rob--W/crxviewer
Online demo: https://robwu.nl/crxviewer/
Add "downloads" permission to make sure that the "Download" button always works as intended.
Add extra parameters to the CRX URL to make sure that CRX files of extensions uploaded to the Chrome Web Store after July 2014 are correctly read.
- 1.2.6: Sync options, use optionsV2, show numeric progress instead of dots, updated JSBeautifier, restore font size.
- 1.2.7: Bugfixes (viewer height, checkbox filter).