Adds button to show the source code of a Chrome extension (crx file) in the Chrome web store (and elsewhere if wanted)
View the source code of any Chrome extension in the Chrome Web store without installing it.
- Button at the Chrome Web store
- Download extension as zip file
- View source
- View source:
- File name/type filter
- Automatic beautification (formatting) of code
- Syntax highlighting
- Image preview
- Full support for incognito mode.
- Outputs public key and extension ID to the console.
Optional features (see options page):
- View source of Opera 15+ extensions.
- "View extension source" contextmenu item on links to Chrome extensions
- View source of Chrome extensions outside the webstore. The View source button becomes visible when you select a CRX file for download.
Source code: https://github.com/Rob--W/crxviewer
Online demo: https://robwu.nl/crxviewer/
- Add "downloads" permission to make sure that the "Download" button always works as intended.