Capture & edit screenshots, GIFs & videos of a selected area in Chrome.
📷 Screenshots | 📹 GIFs | 🎥 Videos (WebM format)
• Alt + c: open Chrome Capture snipping tool.
• Alt + s: take a screenshot.
• Alt + Shift + s: take a full webpage screenshot (beta).
• Alt + r: start/stop recording.
• Esc: close Chrome Capture snipping tool.
• You may need to configure these in chrome://extensions/shortcuts.
• Shortcuts make fullscreen capture much easier!
✂️ Cropping tool
• Capture exactly what you want with an intuitive cropping tool.
• Select, move, resize, snap.
• Right click to snap to element/website area e.g. video, image, text.
• Shift + right click for multiple elements
• Add text.
• Draw arrows.
• Free hand draw.
• Speed up/slow down recordings.
• Resize, move, rotate, annotations.
• Zoom in and out.
• Change recording and screenshot resolution.
• Add a range of SVG icons to screenshots and recordings.
• Frame editing.
• More coming soon..
• Copy images to clipboard (right click -> copy).
• Open in browser.
✔️ Why use Chrome Capture
• Selected area screenshots and recordings.
• Full tab screenshots and recordings.
• Full web page screenshot.
• Communicate better with your team by creating and sending a short GIF or WebM.
• Record snip-its of videos on YouTube and other sites into GIFs or WebMs to share.
• Capture visual information which can't be demonstrated with an image.
• Record how to fill out a website form.
• Amazingly quick annotated screenshots!
• Everyone loves a good animated GIF, now create your own!
❌ Not supported
• GIFs are not intended for long recordings - use WEBMs for this!
• No sound recording - yet..
• Chrome extensions do not work in the Chrome web store.
• High frame rate long recordings are memory and CPU intensive.
👍 Free 👍
• Unlimited screenshots.
• Unlimited recordings as GIFs or WEBms - 10 sec limit each one.
• Unlimited full web page screenshots.
• Add, resize, rotate, zoom - text, arrows, free hand drawing.
• Customise your resolution and FPS - Up to 10 frames per second.
• Frame editing for recordings.
• Download, copy, open.
• No watermark.
⭐ Premium ⭐
• Unlimited recording time.
• Up to 20 Frames per second.
• Draw on screen while recording.
• Change editing color and font.
• Edit playback speed - fast motion and slow motion.
• Add boomerang effect to recordings.
• One time fee of $5.99 USD.
❔ Having trouble using this
1. Start Chrome Capture by left clicking the Chrome Capture icon.
2. Select a region of the screen using the crop tool.
3. Adjust settings to your preference by clicking the settings icon.
4. Click the camera icon to take a screenshot of the selected region or click the video icon to start recording the selected region (click again to stop recording).
5. Close the crop tool.
😊 Help us make this product better - log detailed bugs and feature requests in the Support section.
🤙 Help us out by sharing with friends/family, giving a rating or purchasing premium.
🎤 If you made it this far tell me what new features you would like next:
• GIF size optimisation. ✔️
• Sound for WebMs.
• Ability to add icons and shapes in the editor e.g. moustache, speech bubble, etc. ✔️
• Ability to edit individual or certain frames. ✔️
👼 Permissions explained:
• activeTab: required to insert cropping tool overlay into the current tab so an area can be selected record/capture.
• storage: required to store user settings.
• background: required to process screenshots and recordings.
• tabCapture: required to capture/record tabs to turn to screenshots, GIFs or video.
• contextMenus: required to add context menu (right click) options for many different ways to capture.
• notifications: required to display a silent notification when fullscreen capture starts as it is not very obvious without it.
Completely anonymous usage stats are collected using Google Analytics to help improve the product. No screenshots or recordings leave your computer - your privacy matters to us!
Critical bug fix for usage with Chrome 57.
Completely rewritten and redesigned app.
Bug fixes and UI updates.
Snap to element on right click of overlay.
Allow users to capture closer to browser edges on top and bottom.
Added German language support
Implemented drawing when holding down the ctrl key - this needs to be enabled in settings
Bug fixes and general improvements
Added language support for Chinese
Added escape key shortcut to close Chrome Capture
Added experimental recorder please provide any feedback or bugs on using this (Change in settings)
Improved drawing performance on YouTube and certain sites
Experimental record bug fixes
Changes to Options page UI
Implemented Google Analytics to help improve the product - See 'How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps", (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/) to opt out please leave a support query.
Bug fixes, misc improvements
Added recording and screenshot editor!
Added pop up to request review after certain amount of use (hopefully this doesn't annoy anyone)
Added free options to change frame rate
Bug fixes and misc improvements
Added arrow tool
Added pro tips
Bug fixes and misc improvements
Fix critical bug in experimental recorder with new chrome update
Added dialog when saving recordings to select output format, type name, change size, optimise size and view estimated GIF size
Implement shift right click to snap to multiple elements
Add some basic touch device support (needs to be tested)
Implemented support for adding material svg icons to captures in the editor
Bug fixes and improvements
Bug fixes and improvements
Added frame selector to enable deleting individual frames
Added premium feature to add and remove boomerang effect to gifs and videos
Fixed critical bug for Chrome version 77 where only the first 10 frames of recordings would work correctly when using recording logic "performant"
Set Recording logic to "Slow" by default as "Performant" bug from 2.5.0 is still happening for some people.
Added another recording logic "Experimental" this uses similar logic to "Performant" and fixes the bug which recording stops at 2sec bug but takes longer than "Performant"
Added option to disable dither.
Added draw line tool to editor.
Added ability to change draw color opacity so the draw tool can be used as a highlighter.
Huge improvements to the editor:
- Improved layout
- Improved performance
- Added ability to edit selected frames of recordings instead of applying edits to the whole recording
Added full screen capture - this has to be activated via shortcuts.
Fixed premium cursor and drawing colour options.
Implemented beta full web page screenshots using Alt + Shift + S
Add context menu and notifications permissions
- Context menu was added so capture options can be used without shortcuts (fullscreen recording, fullwebpage screenshot).
- Notification was added to show a silent notification when fullscreen recording starts.
Add premium option to indicate click with an animation.
Add option to change cursor, drawing and click animation sizes.
Fix many issues with full web page screenshots.
Change extension icon color when user is in dark mode.
Change extension icon to indicate when recording or taking a screenshot.
Implement cursor, drawing and click animation options for fullscreen recording.
Add link to shortcuts page from options.
Many more minor improvements.
Remove in built right click for editor captures as it gives the option to save which will save at a low quality and was causing users confusion. Now a custom menu will show giving the users the option to save or copy the capture.
Add editor icon to copy images to clipboard which will work on Chrome version 96 and above.
Improve quality of edits when applying to final capture.