Capture & edit screenshots, GIFs & videos of a selected area in Chrome.
📷 Screenshots | 📹 GIFs | 🎥 Videos (WebM format)
✂️ Cropping tool
• Only capture exactly what you want with an intuitive cropping tool.
• Select, move, resize, snap.
• Right click to snap to element/website area e.g. video, image, text.
• Add text.
• Draw arrows.
• Free hand draw.
• Speed up/slow down recordings.
• Resize, move, rotate, annotations.
• Zoom in and out.
• Change recording and screenshot resolution.
• Add a range of SVG icons to screenshots and recordings.
• More coming soon..
• Copy images to clipboard (right click -> copy).
• Open in browser.
• Alt + c: open Chrome Capture.
• Alt + s: take a screenshot of the selected area.
• Alt + r: start/stop recording.
• Esc: close Chrome Capture.
• You may need to configure these in chrome://extensions/shortcuts.
✔️ Why use Chrome Capture
• Selected area screenshots and recordings.
• Communicate better with your team by creating and sending a short GIF or WebM.
• Record snip-its of videos on YouTube and other sites into GIFs or WebMs to share.
• Capture visual information which can't be demonstrated with an image.
• Record how to fill out a website form.
• Amazingly quick annotated screenshots!
• Everyone loves a good animated GIF, now create your own!
❌ Not supported
• Not intended as a full screen video recorder.
• GIFs are not intended for long recordings - use WEBMs for this!
• No sound recording - yet..
• Chrome extensions do not work in the Chrome web store.
• High frame rate long recordings are memory and CPU intensive.
👍 Free 👍
• Unlimited screenshots.
• Unlimited recordings as GIFs or WEBms - 10 sec limit each one.
• Add, resize, rotate, zoom - text, arrows, free hand drawing.
• Customise your resolution and FPS - Up to 10 frames per second.
• Download, copy, open.
• No watermark.
⭐ Premium ⭐
• Unlimited recording time.
• Up to 20 Frames per second.
• Draw on screen while recording.
• Change editing color and font.
• Edit playback speed - fast motion and slow motion.
• One time fee of $5.99 USD.
❔ Having trouble using this
1. Start Chrome Capture by clicking the Chrome Capture icon.
2. Select a region of the screen using the crop tool.
3. Adjust settings to your preference by clicking the settings icon.
4. Click the camera icon to take a screenshot of the selected region or click the video icon to start recording the selected region (click again to stop recording).
5. Close the crop tool.
😊 Help us make this product better - log detailed bugs and feature requests in the Support section.
🤙 Help us out by sharing with friends/family, giving a rating or purchasing premium.
🎤 If you made it this far tell me what new features you would like next:
• GIF size optimisation.
• Sound for WebMs.
• Ability to add icons and shapes in the editor e.g. moustache, speech bubble, etc.
• Ability to edit individual or certain frames.
Critical bug fix for usage with Chrome 57.
Completely rewritten and redesigned app.
Bug fixes and UI updates.
Snap to element on right click of overlay.
Allow users to capture closer to browser edges on top and bottom.
Added German language support
Implemented drawing when holding down the ctrl key - this needs to be enabled in settings
Bug fixes and general improvements
Added language support for Chinese
Added escape key shortcut to close Chrome Capture
Added experimental recorder please provide any feedback or bugs on using this (Change in settings)
Improved drawing performance on YouTube and certain sites
Experimental record bug fixes
Changes to Options page UI
Implemented Google Analytics to help improve the product - See 'How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps", (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/)
Bug fixes, misc improvements
Added recording and screenshot editor!
Added pop up to request review after certain amount of use (hopefully this doesn't annoy anyone)
Added free options to change frame rate
Bug fixes and misc improvements
Added arrow tool
Added pro tips
Bug fixes and misc improvements
Fix critical bug in experimental recorder with new chrome update
Added dialog when saving recordings to select output format, type name, change size, optimise size and view estimated GIF size
Implement shift right click to snap to multiple elements
Add some basic touch device support (needs to be tested)
Implemented support for adding material svg icons to captures in the editor
Bug fixes and improvements