Record animated GIFs and WebMs of a selected region in Chrome.
Chrome Capture 1.4.0 is here! Please note the shortcuts have changed to Alt + *key* - this change was made to fix a bug when recording typing.
Chrome Capture is a simple, light weight capture tool for your browser. Capture a selected area of a tab as a animated GIF, WebM (video file) or screenshot using a cropping tool.
Please note Chrome extensions do not work in the Chrome web store.
Alt + c: open Chrome Capture
Alt + s: take a screenshot of the selected area
Alt + r: start/stop recording
Alt + i: toggle interaction with page and Chrome Capture
esc: close the crop tool
arrow keys: move the crop tool
With Chrome Capture you have the power to output what you want. Select your snip-it and choose to output a recording as a gif or webm in the frame rate and quality you specify. Download or view? You decide!
General steps for use:
1. Start Chrome Capture by clicking the Chrome Capture icon.
2. Select a region of the screen using the crop tool.
3. Adjust settings to your preference by clicking the settings icon.
4. Click the camera icon to take a screenshot of the selected region or click the video icon to start recording the selected region (click again to stop recording).
5. Close the crop tool.
Common usages for this extension:
• Record snip-its of videos on YouTube and other sites into GIFs or WebMs to share.
• Capture screenshots quickly.
• Capture visual information which can't be demonstrated with a image.
If you experience performance issues please do one of the following:
• Decrease frame rate in settings
• Decrease quality in settings
• Make Chrome window smaller
If you like this extension please show your support by sharing with friends, giving a 5 star rating or donating.
Critical bug fix for usage with Chrome 57.