Capture screenshots, animated GIFs and videos of a selected region in Chrome.
PLEASE NOTE: Chrome extensions do not work in the Chrome web store - this is quite likely the issue if Chrome Capture does not work for you. Also please read through this description before asking for support as your answer could be in here.
Chrome Capture is a simple, light weight capture tool for your browser. Capture a selected area of a tab as an animated GIF, WebM (video file) or screenshot using a cropping tool.
Chrome Capture 2.1.0 is here! I have addressed all the feedback and reviews and added premium settings to fund development for new features.
Alt + c: open Chrome Capture
Alt + s: take a screenshot of the selected area
Alt + r: start/stop recording
You may need to configure these in chrome://extensions/shortcuts
With Chrome Capture you have the power to output what you want. Select your snip-it and choose to output a recording as a gif or webm in the frame rate and quality you specify. Download or view? You decide!
General steps for use:
1. Start Chrome Capture by clicking the Chrome Capture icon.
2. Select a region of the screen using the crop tool.
3. Adjust settings to your preference by clicking the settings icon.
4. Click the camera icon to take a screenshot of the selected region or click the video icon to start recording the selected region (click again to stop recording).
5. Close the crop tool.
Common usages for this extension:
• Record snip-its of videos on YouTube and other sites into GIFs or WebMs to share.
• Capture screenshots quickly.
• Capture visual information which can't be demonstrated with a image.
• Record how to fill out a form.
If you experience performance issues please do one of the following:
• Decrease frame rate in settings
• Decrease quality in settings
• Make Chrome window smaller
I recommend outputting WebMs for long/big recordings as GIFS are not made for this purpose and the file size can become very large. Also please note that GIFs cannot contain sound and WebMs do not currently record sound either - if enough people ask for this feature I will look into implementing it but it is a lot of work.
If you experience any issues I am more than happy to help but please provide detailed reproduction steps and device information!
If you like this extension please show your support by sharing with friends, giving a rating or purchasing premium settings.
Critical bug fix for usage with Chrome 57.
Completely rewritten and redesigned app.
Bug fixes and UI updates.
Snap to element on right click of overlay.
Allow users to capture closer to browser edges on top and bottom.