Record animated GIFs and WebMs of a selected region in Chrome.
Chrome Capture is a simple, light weight capture tool for your browser. Capture a selected area of a tab as a animated GIF, WebM (video file) or screenshot using a cropping tool.
Please note Chrome extensions do not work in the Chrome web store.
With Chrome Capture you have the power to output what you want. Select your snip-it and choose to output a recording as a gif or webm in the frame rate and quality you specify. Download or view? You decide!
General steps for use:
1. Start Chrome Capture by clicking the Chrome Capture icon.
2. Select a region of the screen using the crop tool.
3. Adjust settings to your preference by clicking the settings icon.
4. Click the camera icon to take a screenshot of the selected region or click the video icon to start recording the selected region (click again to stop recording).
5. Close the crop tool.
Now with added shortcuts:
Alt+C: open Chrome Capture
s: take a screenshot of the selected area
r: start/stop recording
i: toggle interaction with page and Chrome Capture
esc: close the crop tool
arrow keys: move the crop tool
Common usages for this extension:
• Record snip-its of videos on YouTube and other sites into GIFs or WebMs to share.
• Capture screenshots quickly.
• Capture visual information which can't be demonstrated with a image.
If you experience performance issues please do one of the following:
• Decrease frame rate in settings
• Decrease quality in settings
• Make Chrome window smaller
If you like this extension please show your support by donating.