Chiff allows you to log in to any website using your phone, making logging in safer and simpler.
With Chiff's browser extension you can securely connect your Chiff app to your browser by scanning a QR-code. Whenever you want to log in to a website, you receive a push message on your phone that you authorize with TouchID, FaceID or a passcode. Chiff sends your credentials to your browser and automatically logs you in. You don't need to remember a single password anymore!
This extension is used in conjunction with the Chiff app. You can download the Chiff app in Apple's AppStore.
Since the start of the Internet we've been logging in with passwords, but this is a growing problem. To be safe, we must use unique and complex passwords for each website, which we also have to change regularly. But why do we still log in with passwords, while we can unlock our mobile phones with just our fingerprint? It's time for a different way of logging in. It's time for Chiff.
WHAT IS CHIFF?
- Chiff is easy to use. You always log in the same way: with your face or fingerprint you confirm a login request in the Chiff app.
- Chiff considers security a top priority. The security of the app and extension have been extensively tested by an independent third party.
- Chiff has been designed with privacy in mind. Sensitive data is only stored locally on your phone, not in the cloud.
- Chiff supports multiple authentication methods such as One Time Passwords (OTP) and WebAuthn soon to come.
- Chiff is free for personal use.
- Chiff is the logical new way of logging in.
This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon2020 research and innovation programme under the NGI_TRUST grant agreement no 825618.
Do you have any questions regarding Chiff? Visit https://chiff.app or send us an email. We always like to hear from you!