Hear chess moves and annotation spoken as they are played on Chess.com.
**Please approve new permission, Notifications** If you're upgrading, the extension might be disabled due a new permission, Notifications, being requested in version 0.0.3. This is needed for the extension to prompt you to interact with the Chess.com page when it detects the browser blocks audio. See the 2nd screenshot for an example and https://goo.gl/xX8pDD for more.
Hear chess moves and annotation spoken as they are played on Chess.com. Choose from the default voice (helpful for those who are visually challenged), or from Chess.com's top commentator IM Danny Rensch as he hilariously comments on the game.
Have an issue or a suggestion? Go to https://github.com/ChessCom/chess-com-voice/issues
-- What's New: --
0.0.5 (May 22, 2022)
- Pick up game change via url instead of node being added to fix game over not being read (#14)
0.0.4 (March 14, 2022)
- Upgrade to Manifest V3
- Fix game over not being read (#12)
0.0.3 (March 8, 2022)
- Read moves of an observed game when showing Game after clicking New Game (#6)
- Avoid double reading (#5)
- Gracefully fail when audio blocked and prompt user (#10)
0.0.2 (March 5, 2022)
- Fixes from @rctay's fork
0.0.1: Initial release