Get desktop notifications, read, listen or delete emails without opening Gmail or Inbox by Gmail & easily manage multiple accounts.
• The fastest and easiest way to manage multiple email accounts
• One of the highest rated Chrome extensions - featured many times on PCWorld
• Trusted developer of many extensions - more than one million satisfied users worldwide
• Lots of features, options and updates - just read the version changes in the logs below
• Extensive FAQs at jasonsavard.com
• Personal tech support from me (the developer) - very fast response times, 5-30 minutes
• I'll add your suggestions
• Safer - requires less permissions and only access to Google Mail's website
• Extra features are available upon contributing "any" amount.
• Supports "Inbox by Gmail"
• See the people emailing you just like in the Gmail chat notification, with an option to show their contact photos or your assigned photos for them.
• Voice notification: If you get an email while you're busy watching a movie or cooking dinner this extension can optionally read it out loud ie. "Jason says, dinner at my place". It's great for the visually impaired.
• Option to monitor any Gmail or custom labels
• Option to run in background when Google Chrome is closed and still get new email alerts
• Zoom in and out of emails which have large images
• Popup mail preview window to read, archive, mark as read or delete emails without leaving the current tab (or option to go directly to your Gmail tab)
• Can also be used as a widget for the extension "Awesome New Tab Page" (ANTP) which supports multiple accounts
• Desktop sound or voice notifications when new mail arrives (or add your own sounds)
• Support for multiple Gmail and Google Apps accounts
• Option to open "Mail to" links in your Gmail instead of your regular mail client
• This Gmail notifier has more than 10 different icon sets, choose your favorite!
• You change the generated voice by adding TTS (text to speech) voice extensions
• The fast way to inbox zero. Yes that's a thing.
Gmail checker history...
This is now a completely re-coded Gmail checker from the ground up. Note, I have nothing to do with Anders Sahlin who created an extension which originally inspired me and which was removed by Google which was called "Mail Checker Plus for Google Mail"
My plan as a respectable and experienced Chrome developer of many extensions with great reviews :) is to enhance this app for everyone.
Changelog: For full details refer to http://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Checker_Plus_for_Gmail_changelog
17+ Refer to line above.
* Added full featured inbox popup view!
* Uncluttered the 'Checker Plus' popup window
* Added more button click options for "If no unread email"
* Added some Persian translations
* Fixed Send & Archive issue (Thanks Gene)
* Fixed collapsed unread conversations issue and missing times displayed
* Added default logos for emails from Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Linkedin
* Option to show image preview inside emails now includes html emails
* Option to get extension update notifications for "every" update - including bug fixes
* Option to have the button in the toolbar open a compose window (instead of the popup window, thank you Tyler)
* Option to hide the "Mark all as read" button (Thank you Alex)
* Option to remove diacritics (Debug tab) which was causing certain languages to not be spoken
* Added share links
* Saved drafts even if email is marked as read (Thank you Patrick)
* Fixed missing refresh button in dark theme (Thank you Nick)
* Hold Ctrl while clicking button in toolbar to open compose window instead
* Added uninstall survey
* Fixed popup window size issue on retina displays
* New button icons in popup window
* Added new menu options
* Display email account in notification
* "Open in popup" now uses position and size settings under the General options
* Fixed Chrome page zoom issue in popup window
* Fixed popup window links not responding
* Fixed clicking email addresses issue
* Fixed english uk language choice
* Notifications for extension updates
* Added notification option to display only sender, subject or message
* Fixed black notification issue
* Fixed issue with extracting replied text only in notification
* Fixed "open popup window" resize issue
* Added Hungarian translations
- Added option to monitor "Important mail in Inbox"
- Added notification button option to "Open in new tab" (also hold Ctrl in popup window)
- Removed "External images" warning
- Fixed email preview loading issue
- Reload button on Mac fixed
- Voice now waits for notification sound to finish
- Added RTL in options
- New icons! (Kept the most popular ones but had to reduce the choices because too much maintenance to create high resolution retina versions for each)
- Fixed compose popup window when using dual monitors
- French updated
- Fixed unstable Chrome detection for ChromeOS
- Fixed error loading some email previews
- Fixed voice issue on Linux and added more voices for Mac and Linux users
- only show notifications when chrome profile is open (unless running in background mode enabled)
- show notifications when resuming from locked state
- remove html/advanced notification options
- mute button in popup will also now mute notification sounds (as well as voice)
- Extension now compatible with Opera (except for desktop and voice notifications)
- Added syncing of options!
- Fixed double loading on startup
- Auto-detecting right to left languages when composing in reply
- Now accepting Bitcoins!
- Fixed refresh issue with ANTP widget
- Notifications are even faster and always show contact photos if available
- Fixed notification buttons affecting wrong email (rare occurrence when returning from standby etc.)
- Returning from standby will retoast last notification of
possibly more than 1 email missed
- Fixed mailUpdate error
- Fixed notification rules not being followed in Accounts/Labels
- Possibly fixed red icon without unread count
- Updated Google Wallet button
- Added notification option to show preview of first image inside email
- Saves email reply text if popup loses focus
- Apply labels without closing popup
- Fixed OEM issue
- Added horizontal scrollbar for long label names
- Fixed issue with option to not mark as read when replying to email
- Optimized regex when processing new notification text
- Optimized icon animation
- Added option to display sender’s full name
- Added niceAlerts
- Renamed chrome.extensions.sendMessage
-Fixed empty notifications issue with Linux users
-Added debug option to ignore non-gmail account
-Fixed empty "to:"
13.2 - Added Rich Notification option (Beta)
13.1 - Bug fix: Changed shortcut key on Macs from Cmd+Q to Ctrl+Shift+Q for "Mark as read", sorry Mac users for the short lived troubles.
-Added reply to email within email preview popup! (no popout)
-Added option to disable or select different notifications (desktop, sounds, voice) for each email account or label!
-Added voice options to hear sender, subject, or message etc.
-Added shortcut keys (customizable refer to FAQ) ...
* Mark email as read in notification window
* Open email displayed in notification window
-Fixed refresh button issue on Mac
-Removed "Open" button beside email account (Because clicking the email account does the same thing)
-Hid collapse arrow when nothing to collapse
-Fixed disabling transition option to remove "all" animations now
-Reduced js errors
-Added voice input/speech recognition option for composing emails! (BETA)
-Fixed missing bcc: line
-Added option to disable transitions
-Chopping out Sent "wirelessly" with EOM option
-Reduced JS errors
-Added Signin link when only error accounts detected
-Option to add aliases/nicknames to your email accounts
-Changed "Always display external content" default option to off...
-Fixed missing contact photos for some contacts
-Fixed issue when adding labels with special charaters
-Fixed label sort order
-Larger buttons in advanced notification window (when showing 4 or less buttons)
-Added option to collapse email accounts by default
-Added onerror logging
-Added Japenese translations thank (terepanda)
-Added an option to use text or html notification windows for compatibility with OS X Notification Center and Growl
-Added test out links for each notification window type in options
-Removed voice speaking when returning from standby/hibernate mode
-Clicking on button with option to open Gmail will now open to the inbox with unread mail
-Fixed "Send link issue" with Russian and French websites
-Fixed issue when hitting down arrow in popup
-Fixed Ctrl+C issue which opened window
-Fixed refresh button: now also refreshes inboxes with unauthorized or timeout errors
-Increased contact photos sizes
-Move section titles to the top in options page
-Fixed settings not saving issue
-Added ignore account checkbox option (instead of typing it manually)
-Increased default polling interval from 15 to 30 seconds to avoid "unusual usage/account locked" error and also reduced pre-fetching of email contents for the same reason
-Added more keyboard shortcuts and options for them
-Added french translations
-Fixed issue with search and certain letters causing actions
-Fixed 'Singin' typo
-Fixed hiding actions issue with this open off "Only show action buttons when you hover over in the notification window"
-Fixed Google Checkout button
-Removed unclosed tag in header </span>
-Filtered speech to avoid saying long numbers
-Added shortcut keys (BETA) *only affects first unread email, selecting emails (down/up) is still under dev... c=compose ,o=open, enter=preview, r=mark as Read, ar=mark All as Read
-Fixed issue with mute voice while sleeping
-Fixed issue with iPad labels INBOX/blah etc.
-Fixed options display page
-Re-added "Mark all as read" (had accidentally removed it, sorry :)
-Fixed issue with monitoring nested labels
-Added search in labels
-Fixed display issues with email by removing "Inbox for" text in all lanauges
-Fixed dollar sign issue
-Fixed issue with labels containing accents
-Updated to jQuery 1.8.1, faster?
-Added search button
-Polling interval changes do not require a restart anymore
-Fixed widget options to almost always show
-Widget: Removed initial fading background when loading ANTP widget
-Widget: Removed sign in link when already signed in
-Removed deprecated transaction mode
-Optimized readonly for settings
-Optimized to use onMessage requests
-Update to manifest 2 (Users will have to upgrade to latest Chrome versions)
-Added text notification window option, which might work better with notification systems with Growl or Mac
-Added option to set position and size of Compose/Reply popup window
-Added new German and Dutch translations
-Added widget compatibility with Awesome New Tab Page (ANTP)
-Fixed minutes ago display issue
-Fixed time 12 hour time issue difference
-Fixed issue with opening multiple tabs (/ca/ url issue)
-Fixed middle click popup action to only happen when in notification window
-Fixed issue with new windows being open instead of existing Gmail shortcut windows or popup windows (had to revert issue with compose window though)
-Fixed issue to have middle click only open popup window, except, when clicking on a link
Fixed copy issue, moved right click to middle click for popout window
Fixed issue when opening an email while composing
Fixed issue with focus being placed on compose popup window
Fixed hopefully the mark as read bug
Added extra feature to hide 'by JasonSavard.com'
Added experimental feature to remember read emails
Added Lithuanian translations
-Added option to change summary format and add scrolling summmary
-Added more content to exclude from content loading option
-Added option to disable email preview
-Added a note beside account errors
-Added right click in notification window to open larger popup window
-Fixed issue with repeated email accounts
-Fixed blank space in notification window
-Added option to disable display of external content
-Added shadow effect to custom theme
-Fixed no image/icon issue in notification
-Fixed no reply button issue
-Removed Google's redirect when clicking on links
-Improved dark theme
-Added custom theme to add your own button colors
-Added hold control while clicking to open links in background
-Added Hebrew translations