A web3 transaction debugger to increase development speed
Charged is a blockchain transaction debugger which allows you to add breakpoints to your transactions. This means you can pause your transactions before sending them on chain, edit the input and simulate the new transactions to see how they perform. With charged, you can catch and fix broken transactions within seconds!
Today, people use Metamask as the de facto wallet for development. While Metamask is an amazing wallet for production purposes, it slows down the development speed.
As a developer, I DON'T WANT TO
- Collect testnet/mainnet funds before testing my transaction
- Submit and wait for my transaction to be mined before I see the results
- Go to my code, edit the transaction details and submit it again to see if my transaction finally worked
- Add console logs to my smart contract to see exactly where my code is breaking
- Click on confirm every time to submit my transaction
- Deploy my contract repeatedly with small changes to see if it works
Charged is a Chrome extension which creates a proxy on top of your existing wallet. This means all transactions to your wallet first go via the proxy. As a result, whenever Charged detects an incoming transaction it
1. Shows you a simulation of the transaction where you see asset changes and possible failures (with error messages)
2. Shows the exact input which goes into your wallet
3. Fetches the contract ABI and decodes the input so you can see if everything is working as expected
4. Allows you to edit the decoded input and re-simulate the transaction. As a result, you can see how your smart contract responds to different inputs. In case your transaction is failing, you can see the error message and edit your input accordingly till the transaction finally works.
5. Allows you to forward the modified transaction to your wallet. So once you're done editing the transaction, click on the forward button and your new transaction shall pop up on Metamask so you can finally send it on chain.