Capture any webpage interactively
With Caply (formerly known as Capsule), you can turn any webpage into a collaborative discussion. You can capture a page, add some comments to it, and then send it to others for their feedback as well.
You can use Caply to:
- Collaborate more effectively on a website
- Share UI feedback on a website
- Share private web pages
- Share a walkthrough of a website or product
- Submit bug reports to a website so that they can see exactly where the issue in their code is
- View screen recordings smoothly even on a low bandwidth internet connection
- Archive websites from the internet for your personal use
Other Caply features
- Make instant, interactive product demos from your existing web application.
- Create "screenshots" and "videos" of websites in a super light, interactive format. Caply records the actual code of the website itself to create its videos which mean that Capsules are interactive by default! This also means that Caply recordings look crystal clear because we are displaying the original web page just as it looked to you when you saved it! No more low quality screen recordings!
Your recipients can now interact with the screenshots/video as well, such as by clicking on links and scrolling in the page, making this much more real than a regular screenshot or video.
How to use it: Go on a webpage, then click on the chrome extension icon, and then click either "Commentary", "Screenshot" or "Video".
- For a commentary or screenshot, a new tab will open automatically after a few seconds with your screenshotted page.
- For a video recording, after you start, you can move around on the page, and then when you're done recording, click the chrome extension icon again, and now click the "Finish" button that should have appeared. After some seconds, a new tab will open with your recording!
You can then share your unique link with anyone!
* After installing the extension, to use it, you need to go to *new* web pages, or just refresh an existing one for the extension to load on the page *
- Also after installing, if you don't see the Caply icon in your browser extension bar, click on the little puzzle icon in the top right of Chrome and press the "pin" button on the Caply icon so that Capsule is always visible.
- Youtube videos will not play by default.
- When recording, you can record the current tab and any new tabs you open while recording. But you cannot record other tabs that you previously had open.
Note that recordings are still in beta and therefore will not work properly on all websites. Screenshots should work well on nearly every site though!
- If you have another chrome extension running on a website that changes the look of the website, then it may interfere with Caply capturing the page. You can temporarily disable the other extension and re-capture with Caply if you face this kind of issue.
Let us know if you encounter a bug! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Free to use for personal use forever. No account required.
For advanced features like guided tours, sandboxes, private capsules, and team accounts, please contact us at email@example.com to discuss our pricing.