A way to block websites that you don't want to visit, because they are destorying your life
Disappointment. And a bit of Guilt. Two feelings I experience after spending mindless hours on the internet. It's a common story for me, and maybe for you. The story goes something like this for me: I get on youtube and tell myself "I'll just watch a few videos" or "I'll just watch one", but it's not long before I've spent a few hours and I'm watching "Seal farts after looking directly at me" and "Trump mistakenly calls Lil Pump "Little Pimp" at last rally". This happens all over the internet for me, but especially on popular websites: Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc. It happens because these websites are all built to keep me on them, and I think I have the self control to stop anytime, which obviously isn't the case, because I'm endlessly browsing.
After my last binge-spree I got sick of feeling disappointed in myself and spending hours of my life on mindless entertainment. That's why I made Cap, to stop the endless browsing.
Cap stops you from spending too much time in places you know you shouldn't. Here's what it can do for you:
- Cap gives you the ability to set time limits on websites or categories of websites, and automatically keep track of how much time you've spent on each one. Once you reach your limit Cap will completely block you from the websites. When I say block I mean block. You're not going to be able to view it for 5 more minutes or anything like that.
- E.g. I want to only allow myself 30 minutes on my social media websites every day. So I would create a category called "Social Media" and put my websites under it: Twitter, Reddit, Facebook. After I've spent 30 minutes total on these websites Cap will block me from visiting any of them.
- Optionally allows you to set a bed time for yourself. When you set a bed time all websites become blocked after that time.
- E.g. I have a bad problem with surfing Youtube when I'm suppose to be sleeping, so I set my bed time for 10pm, and Cap blocks me from watching those Youtube videos.
Stop endless browsing get Cap now!
- Record Icon made by Pixelmeetup from www.flaticon.com
- Hat Icon made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com