Get share counts & more from BuzzSumo
Check out the Beta for the ALL NEW BUZZSUMO extension here:
-----1.3.10 Release Notes-----
Improved author data by retrieving from BuzzSumo data, rather than on-the-fly from page.
-----1.3.9 Release Notes-----
- Updated feedback URL to link to website form, instead of email address
Quickly get social engagement data for the page you're viewing, or for any other website.
- Includes Twitter sharers no longer available officially
- View who shared the page on Twitter
- View backlink count for URL
- See the most shared content for the current website
- Analyze top performing content formats
- Easily share content via Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
The BuzzSumo extension requires access to all URLs because it inserts a script to extract the canonical & ogurl URL from the page. This allows us to always to fetch an accurate share count for you. The extension also looks for useful information like the Twitter username of the author in the page source. These features wouldn't be possible without asking for the all_urls permission, which carries a warning when you install the extension.
Data is only sent to BuzzSumo servers when you actually click the extension button, not when you simply visit a page. We send only the URL you are visiting in order to fetch engagement data for it from our database.
We'll never extract information that you type into fields on the web page you're viewing. We've simply no reason or interest in collecting this data.