A minimal tool displaying common musical keyboard scales and chords with optional adjustable animation.
IMPORTANT REGARDING THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS TOOL:
• This extension is in beta development; it is incomplete but functional.
• Development may cause features to change slightly or significantly, be removed, replaced or added at any time, however, it will always remain a simple, single purpose tool, and never include any unrelated features or functions.
• I (the developer) am building the tool as I learn music theory, so errors will almost certainly exist from time to time while it is declared as being in beta development.
• When learning to play a musical keyboard, you may wish to refer to standard scales and chords to practice and better understand the relationships of the notes to each other.
• While there are many resources online that describe some of these scales and chords, many with accompanying images or videos, there is some great variety in presentation across sources.
• This application aims to provide a single page with a clear and consistent display of all the most common (and some less common) scales and chords for new learners.
• Select from dropdown lists of modes and scales or chords:
∘ whole tone
∘ natural minor
∘ melodic minor
∘ harmonic major
∘ harmonic minor
∘ pentatonic major
∘ pentatonic minor
∘ major 7th
∘ minor 7th
∘ dominant 7th
∘ minor 7th flat 5
∘ dominant 7th flat 5
• Then simply click the desired key to see the related scale or chord highlighted for the selected mode, on the two octave keyboard, along with the note names and indications of the number of semitones between them.
• Optionally animate the displayed sequence(s).
• Only the major scales in modes other than ionian are currently implemented.
• I'm working on it :)
• This extension does not collect or process any personal data or communicate its activity with any external application.
OPEN SOURCE & COPYLEFT LICENSED:
• The entire GNU GPL v3.0 licensed extension code and other files can be found on GitHub at https://github.com/FredGandt/BunchOfKeys