Screencast and Network Debugging Tool
Click on the extension to begin recording and click again to stop. It’s that simple. You can review your recorded bug before sharing it with other members of your team or you have the option to make it publicly available and share it with anyone.
BugReplay currently integrates with Slack, Github and can easily be set up to send bug reports via email to external services like JIRA, Zendesk, Trello, Desk, Redmine, activeCollab, Basecamp, FogBugz, FreshDesk, Asana and more. You can also use our dashboard to mark bugs as open or closed with more features to come.
Encounter a bug on a website that isn’t yours? Record it and send it over. Don’t waste your time debugging someone else’s software by sending lengthy emails or even worse… conveying the information over the phone!
Record it. Send it. Bug reporting made easy.
Try BugReplay for free now- sign up at https://www.bugreplay.com
Change log for BugReplay Chrome Extension
- Fixed some out of bound array exceptions with select boxes on jira selects.
- Change Logout to a regular link instead of a tab create in the popup.
- timestamp fix for js exceptions.
- Change Login to a regular link instead of a tab create in the popup. (Windows 10 bug - https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=686176 )
- desktop notifications when you leave your tab recording and you are in another tab (disabled for this release)
- the csrf "retryIfForbidden" method wasn't working on prod, so if you cleared your cookies the extension would break.
- Fix for new Chrome logging behavior
- Losing focus in the popup will now save the popup state (title, description, jira fields)
- Double error timeout in popup to 10 seconds
- Double error timeout to 10 seconds, on slower connections 5 seconds could be not an error in some cases.
- If you started a recording and immediately switched, you'd get an error but
The debugger remained attached. Now it will detach the debugger cleanly.
- Timestamps for extension logging.
- Can now upload network data files larger than 10mb.
- Saving more websocket network data.
- Chrome 54 has a new way to collect console logs, updated code.
- Log levels for error logging, separate debugs from unexpected errors.
- Source map support for console logs.
- Remove fake cursor, as the real cursor is now visible.
- Error messaging around video limits.
- Remove window after CSRF timeout.
- Screenshot support
- Video transcodes happen earlier, leading to faster report processing.
- Security enhancements.
- Jira support.
- communication bridge to bugreplay site
- slight performance enhancements
- If the debugger is force disconnected, you can resume a recording.
- Error overlay window, makes it way easier to see.
- keyboard shortcut for record was not checking 'canRecord'
- render was not waiting for all popup elements to render
- Cursor injector was buggy
- precheck to see if the debugger is attached when opening the extension
- save more environmental information about the browser when creating a report.
- Keyboard shortcuts added: ALT-SHIFT-E to open the extension, ALT-SHIFT-R to start recording, ALT-SHIFT-S to STOP
- Design fixes, better colors and placement for buttons
Had left out an event listener for installation on startup
- Ability to enter title and description after recording
- Ability to cancel a recording after hitting stop
- Report list shows up on urls where you cannot record now
- Caching bug when logging out from outside the extension
- Extension will log errors remotely if exceptions occur.
- debugger events are listened to globally instead of inside a Recording.
- Desktop notification when video is ready for viewing.
- Add title text to all links in the Popup. (pmheil++)
- Create report at end of Recording instead of at beginning, less empty reports created.
- Console messages are now saved and uploaded.
- Data URIs ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_URI_scheme ) are now redacted.
- Upload time offsets directly to cloud.
- Check MediaRecorder access before other errors.
- Without experimental web apis enabled, there was a fatal js error in the popup.
- Errors are unique'd now, so you don't get duplicates if you click the extension icon multiple times.
- Optimized popup and removed deprecated chrome.extension calls.
- Errors are dismissed from popup only with manual 'Dismiss' button.
- Focus window on record to start the mouse capture and hide the popup ( https://trello.com/c/GzRM63EM/167-still-have-to-click-once-to-activate-the-mouse )
- If Chrome DevTools is opened during recording, error out and cancel recording.