Warns users about unreliable news sources.
Easily identify fake and satirical news sites, as well as other questionable news sources. Adds a warning label to the top of questionable sites as well as link warnings on Facebook and Twitter.
· Fake News: Sources that fabricate stories out of whole cloth with the intent of pranking the public.
· Satire: Sources that provide humorous commentary on current events in the form of fake news.
· Extreme Bias: Sources that traffic in political propaganda and gross distortions of fact.
· Conspiracy Theory: Sources that are well-known promoters of kooky conspiracy theories.
· Rumor Mill: Sources that traffic in rumors, innuendo, and unverified claims.
· State News: Sources in repressive states operating under government sanction.
· Junk Science: Sources that promote pseudoscience, metaphysics, naturalistic fallacies, and other scientifically dubious claims.
· Hate Group: Sources that actively promote racism, misogyny, homophobia, and other forms of discrimination.
· Clickbait: Sources that are aimed at generating online advertising revenue and rely on sensationalist headlines or eye-catching pictures.
· Proceed With Caution: Sources that may be reliable but whose contents require further verification.