This extension redirects Webpages (de42780982e).
This extension allows redirection of webpages in Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops sessions. The extension enables two features, namely, Browser Content Redirection and Bidirectional URL Redirection.
Try out new features: Participating in the beta is free and open to everyone. It allows you early access to our new features.
Give early feedback: Let us know what you think and help make Browser Redirection Extension a better experience.
Note: Do not install Beta alongside your current version of Browser Redirection Extension.
BROWSER CONTENT REDIRECTION:
Redirects Webpages from a browser running on the virtual desktop to the Citrix Workspace App embedded browser running on the client device. Browser Content Redirection prevents the execution/rendering of whitelisted web pages in the virtual desktop, creating a corresponding browser instantiated by Citrix Workspace app that will be responsible for rendering the URL locally on the user’s device.
Browser Content Redirection for Chrome requires Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 1808 or higher and Citrix Workspace app for Windows 1809 or higher, and Citrix Receiver for Linux 13.9 or higher. This extension should be installed in the supported browsers running in the virtual desktop, and no installation is required on user’s client device. For further assistance, contact your IT Help Desk.
Reference (Policy) – https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/policies/reference/ica-policy-settings/browser-content-redirection-policy-settings.html
Reference (CVAD) – https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/multimedia/browser-content-redirection.html
What's new in version 6.5
The manifest file has been updated with stricter permissions to avoid setting off security scans.
What’s new in version 6.3
1) Conforms to Chrome Extensions manifest v3.
2) Supports BCR ACLs with patterns that contain wildcards in the host portion. (Requires CVAD 2209 or higher)
What’s new in version 6.2
1) Fixed an issue that caused YouTube videos to not properly play on Mac clients.
2) Fixed an issue with the positioning of the BCR overlay when certain web pages are redirected.
What’s new in version 6.1
1) Revert to Chrome Extensions manifest v2 to circumvent a Chromium bug with manifest v3 extensions that causes high CPU utilization.
2) Supports redirection in inactive Chrome tabs (Requires CVAD 2112 or higher)
3) Supports migrating redirected tabs from one Chrome window to another (Requires CVAD 2112 or higher)
What’s new in version 5.1 (The following features require CVAD 2109 or higher)
1) Introduces an improved redirection mechanism that uses a page in the chrome extension to begin the redirection process and solves script injection timing issues
2) Solves issues with redirection of websites enforcing a Content Security Policy (CSP) policy
4) Solves issues with redirection of websites that perform 302 redirects
5) Solves issues with acquisition of multimedia devices on the BCR overlay after webpage is redirected
What’s new in version 5.0
1) Fixes high DPI and scaling issues on overlay and VDA
2) Fixes some issues with redirected Angular websites
What's new in version 4.1
1) Performance improvements in redirection timing
2) Improvement in reliability of website redirection
3) Addresses some redirection bugs
What's new in version 3.0
1) Security and performance improvements
2) Inline JS Injection – may quicken the injected script execution and potentially solve some timing issues
3) CitrixBcrApi – An API for websites to determine if the page will be redirected (please contact email@example.com for more info)
BIDIRECTIONAL URL REDIRECTION:
Redirects webpages from a browser running on the virtual desktop to the default browser running locally on the client device. It can also redirect webpages from the browser on the client device to the browser running on the virtual session. Administrators can configure the list of URLs to be redirected via server and client policies. Host policies are set in Citrix Studio, and client polices are set via the Citrix Workspace app Group Policy Object administration template.
Bidirectional URL redirection requires Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 2106 or higher, and Citrix Workspace App for Windows 2106 or higher. Browser Redirection Extension version 5.0 or higher is required to be installed in the supported browsers running in the virtual desktop and on the user’s client device. On client device installs, error “WebSocket connection to 'wss://127.0.0.1:9001/' failed” would be logged in the extension console. This is only informational and does not affect the extension’s functionality in any way.
Reference (Policy) – https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/policies/reference/ica-policy-settings/bidirectional-content-redirection.html
Reference (Client) – https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-windows/configure.html#bidirectional-content-redirection
What’s new in version 6.0
1) Fix for multiple tabs opening on target endpoint during redirection
What’s new in version 5.1
1) Fix to redirect tabs from previous session or URLs passed into browser as arguments on launch
What’s new in version 5.0
1) Bidirectional URL redirection
Citrix End User License Agreement:
Updated: April 6, 2023
Contact the developer
Prestige Dynasty, Phase, 33/2, Ulsoor Rd,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560042