Manage bookmarks with tags.
This extension allows you to manage your bookmarks with tags other than folders. It makes searching and organizing your bookmark really easy. You can also try it out on the Web with limited functionality http://yguan.github.io/repos/bookmark-tagging/#/actions.
The source code of this extension is in my github repository (https://github.com/yguan/bookmark-tagging). It has MIT license, and you can use it anyway you like.
Visual User Manual
User Manual (for the buttons in the home menu)
Save bookmark >> add/change bookmark. The "Tags" textbox requires a tag before bookmark can be saved. Enter some text and press "Enter" key will create a tag. If you want to turn off auto-suggestion when creating a new tag, press "Esc" key.
Search >> search bookmarks by tags or title
Rename tags >> rename one tag or multiple tags, you can replace multiple tags with one tags or one tag to multiple tags
Show tags >> show all tags and the tag links supports search by tags
Show tags [icon] >> open a new tab, show all tags and the tag links supports search by tags
Load from chrome >> load the existing bookmarks from your browser to the extension
Export >> export the extension data to a file with json format
Import >> load the exported json file to the extension
Note: none of your chrome bookmarks will be changed by this extension.
Coming release features:
v2.5.1 (July 15th, 2014)
Make typeahead more responsive.
v2.5 (July 13th, 2014)
1. change the UI to flat UI
2. rename some buttons
3. remove open search in new tab
v2.4 (October 10th, 2013)
align the bookmark count to the left for better readability on the tags
v2.3 (October 10th, 2013)
1. add delete icon to tags that have no bookmarks
2. switch column order in "Show all tags" view
3. remove "Go to search tab" button from a couple views
v2.2 (September 24th, 2013)
add delete bookmark to the grid
v2.1 (September 17th, 2013)
1. place the replaced tags to the front
2. show html in tags without encoding it
3. fix some js exceptions
v2.0 (September 14th, 2013)
1. encode tags in url so that 'c#' can be used as tag in the 'Show all tags' view
v1.9 (September 14th, 2013)
1. add "Show all tags" to "Rename tags" view
2. in "Save bookmark" view, make the search buttons search with the tags specified in the tags box
v1.8 (September 12th, 2013)
1. add filter and bookmark count to "Show all tags" view
2. show tags in search by title grid
3. make tags links to open search view in the same window
v1.7 (September 11th, 2013)
1. add "Show all tags" view that supports display all tags and search by tags by clicking the tag links
2. change grid height on window resize
v1.6 (September 3rd, 2013)
1. close popup on save bookmark successfully
2. add "Rename tags" button to the save bookmark view
v1.5 (August 31st, 2013)
1. search immediately after tag is added to the search box
2. group search with tags and title buttons together
v1.4 (August 29th, 2013):
1. make save bookmark view and rename tags view taller so that the typeahead fit won't get cut off
2. change typeahead to show only 8 items in all views except search views
3. rename some buttons
4. fix bookmark date parsing issue so that it will show correctly in the search tab
v1.3 - bug fix (August 28th, 2013):
2. ensure that tags are loaded for existing bookmark in the add bookmark page
v1.2 (August 28th, 2013):
1. set default page to add bookmark page
2. supports rename a group of tags with typeahead in old tag and new tag fields.
3. allows to open the search in a new tab, which allow you to click multiple links other than the current 1 link at a time
4. adds bookmark date to the search tab's search results
Every release will be tagged in the github repository, and you can always get the previous version from there.