Have you ever wanted to do BLAST searches straight from the address bar? Now you can!
With the BLAST for Chrome extension, simply type "blast" in the address bar and then paste your DNA or protein sequence. Choose which BLAST program you want to use from the suggestions, and you're off! A BLAST query will be submitted with default settings and will open in a new tab, saving you the time of navigating through NCBI's BLAST webpages.
BLAST programs currently supported:
• blastn -- Search a nucleotide database using a nucleotide query
• blastp -- Search protein database using a protein query
• blastx -- Search protein database using a translated nucleotide query
• tblastn -- Search translated nucleotide database using a protein query
• blastn -- Search translated nucleotide database using a translated nucleotide query
If you find this extension useful, consider installing my other extension, DNA Helper.
Features will be added as requested. Happy BLASTing!