The easiest access to the Google universe
Quickly search almost everything google is capable of - get easy access to the most commonly used google services, available at any time.
This extension is meant to be a replacement for both, iGoogle and the quickly removed google menu. This extension contains an extensive menu of google services. You can access them by browsing through the black menu entries. By clicking the menu entry of your choice, you'll go to the corresponding google service in a new tab.
Search page - the primary page, containing a search box which is able to quickly get search results right in Black Menu. Not enough search results? Simply hit "web", which will bring you to Google search results in a new tab. Want another searchtype? simple select another one in the toolbar.
Google+ page - Quickly share your current page, create a new post, or check your notifications. Its all possible with the Google+ page. At the bottom, you can also find some shortcuts to the Google+ sections in a new tab, like Circles or Hangouts.
Translate page - this menu allows you to quickly translate everything you want. It automatically recognizes the language you have entered and you can easily change which languages you want to use or switch between them, same as on google translate itself. You can even star translations, which can be checked later in the phrasebook, including the translations made in the past.
Maps page - easily search any location in the world, you can easily start a direction from and to where you have searched for, see the current traffic, switch to satellite view, and even more.
Play page - Search any content you want in the play store. The search system works the same as in the regular search and google+ menu. At the bottom, you have easy access to your content, apps, music, magazines, and more. Note, that not every content type is available in every country, because of google play limitations.
Youtube page - View 'most viewed' videos, recently uploaded videos, top rated videos and more on this menu. You can search for any video you want, and even play them from within the extension itself (as long as you keep the menu open). Quick shortcuts to your 'watch later' and 'playlists' are available at the bottom.
News page - Want to see what's going on in world? No problem! With this extension you have just one click to do to get the recent 'top stories', 'business news' and 'news from science' and anything else you might be looking for. You can also search for specific news via the search box.
At the bottom are quick links to the news archive and google reader. Filter by starred items, recommended items, or even your own folders.
Google Reader page - View your most recent feeds, using the reader menu.
Gmail page - This page features a full featured Gmail inbox. You can check your mail. Delete mail, label mail, report a mail as spam. You can even compose a new mail, right in Black Menu.
Drive page - Search through your documents in google drive.
Upload new files from your computer, or create new documents via the new file menu. You can also access the google drive locations in one click, via the linkssection at the bottom.
Calendar page - View all your upcoming calender events, view events from a specific day, or even add new events. The calendar menu also shows your open google tasks, where you can check completed tasks, or add new ones.
More menu - Not yet found what you were looking for? Taking a look at the more menu, allows you to access nearly all google services that were not available through the previous menus.
Tips: If you have one of the latest chrome builds, some of the textboxes are autofocused, so you can type immediately. In the latest chrome builds, you can also add a keyboard shortcut to open this menu.
Thanks for installing this extension.
If you want to report bugs, ask a question or suggest features, please use the link on the about page available through the 'more menu'. Thank you!
- You can now customize main menu
* You can now rearrange the services in the main menu by dragging and dropping them.
* You can add services to the main menu by dragging them from then new more page to the main menu.
* You can remove services from the main menu by draggin them to the more page.
- More pages
* Added new url shortener page
* Added new chrome apps page
* Added new google books page
* Moved the services from the old more page to a new shortcuts page.
- Added small delay for the menu items.
- Fixed bugs on the more page
* shortcuts are clickable again.
* shortcuts now line up with the settings and about buttons.
- People who had the No Googlebar setting enabled, now get notified the feature is moved to Black Bar Removal: http://blackbarremoval.carlosjeurissen.com/
* Redesigned More Page
- Added about 140 extra shortcuts.
- Added a searchbox that is able to search shortcuts instantly. When you hit enter, it will launch the first shortcut in the list.
* Added a little cross to the searchboxes, which is able to remove the current text in the searchbox.
* Added a button to every page that opens that current page in a panel or popup
- You can configure in the settings in what window type it should be opened. You can choose a panel, popup, new tab or a new window.
* Removed the Hide Black Bar feature from Black Menu, which was able to hide the black bar on all google websites. Please use Black Bar Removal instead: http://blackbarremoval.carlosjeurissen.com/
- added blue searchbutton to every page
- fully redesigned searchpage
* websearch results are now available right into black menu.
- fully redesigned drive page
* you can now upload files to google drive.
* configure how much files should be loaded
* configure if file extensions should be displayed or not.
* you can filter your search results by file type
- translate page
* you can now listen to the input and output translations.
* you can now star translations
* you can now view your translate history and your starred translations
- gmail page
* fully redesigned. For example, the searchbox is now at the top
- some bugfixes
version 2.0.1 - 18.104.22.168
* bug fixes
- added seperate section for experimental settings
* gmail page
- optimized css
- updated scrollbar
- added small part of the message to every email in inbox view
- fixed a bug with the Gmail holiday responder.
* gplus page
- google+ notifications screen
- google+ sharebox
- updated icons.
* maps page
- redesigned maptype buttons
- added links to local, mars, sky and moon
- you can enable instant search in settings
* news page
- you can now define which news sections should be displayed, you can even define your own ones.
* youtube page
- added 14 new shortcuts to the links section
- you can enable instant search in settings
* reader page
- added setting to show "mark as read" buttons
* gmail page
- added almost full featured gmail inbox
- added "new contact" link
- "contacts" is now a searchfilter too
* drive page
- redesigned toolbar
- you can now create a new file via the "new" button
* calendar page
- redesigned toolbar
- you can now view details from an event by clicking on them.
- the calendar icon will now show the current day of the month
* about page
- fully redesigned
* settings page
- added a tutorial to open black menu via a keyboard shortcut.
- you can now show buttons to open gadgets in a panel. the button will show up in the right corner of the pages
- you can now add a vacation responder for gmail
- links section in a lot of pages is now hidden by default, you can open them by hovering the header.
- added scroll shadow to every page when content is hidden.
- made "create" and "new" buttons red, to give them focus.
- fixed some bugs.
- Added unread counts for Google+, Gmail and google Reader
- Added Settings Menu
- Added a setting to toggle the unread count for Google+, Gmail and Google Reader
- Added a setting to hide the Black Bar on every google website
- Added settings to change the source and target language in the translate menu
- Added settings to change the default location, maptype, and traffic mode in the maps menu.
- Added settings to change the news edition, and to configure the news page to your needs.
- Added settings to change whether the calendar menu should show empty days or not. and whether the tasks panel should be expanded by default or not.
- Added a setting to change what sort of documents should be shown in the drive menu.
- Redesigned youtube menu
- Redesigned news and reader menu
- Some other design tweaks for the drive, translate and maps menus.
- Updated the icons for adwords, app engine, (thanks to Michael Cook), google sites, dashboard and google settings in the more menu.
- Gmail Compose can now open in a popup/panel (check settings)