Import friends birthdays from facebook to your favorite calendar.
The generated calendar file is saved in `ICS` or `CSV` formats.
How to use
Click on extension icon ("cake") and select one of the required formats:
- Generate Google Calendar - ICS is a universal calendar format used by Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar, and Apple Calendar.
- Generate Excel file - CSV
- Remove from Google Calendar - ICS file used to remove previously imported birthday events.
At the end of the process a file named `birthday-calendar.ics` will be downloaded automatically to your Downloads folder.
Use the generated file to import your friends birthdays to your calendar program.
I suggest creating a new Birthday themed sub-calendar and use it for imports.
Question: I accidentally saved birthdays to my main calendar, how to reverse it?
Answer: Click on extension icon and select "Remove from Google Calendar". A file named `delete-birthday-calendar.ics` will be downloaded. Import the file to your calendar.
Question: Is it possible to remove some of the contacts before importing to calendar?
Answer: There is command line tool you can use: https://github.com/guenter-r/calendar_file_splitter
- Remove imported events from Google Calendar
- Export as CSV
- Works with both new and old Facebook.
- Makes ajax requests instead of scrolling birthday page down.
- Fixed issue with missing persons on month joints.
- All the events are recurring now, and will be repeated yearly.
- Events will appear as 'FREE' instead of 'BUSY'
- Bug Fix: When Facebook interface was set to 'English (UK)' calendar generated wrong dates.
- Supported facebook languages: English (UK), English (US), Русский, Українська, עברית
Things to improve
It is open source, feel free to check it here: https://github.com/zagushka/birthday-calendar-extractor
- Option to edit birthdays before generating the calendar file.
- Direct export to Google Calendar.