Import friends birthdays from facebook to your favorite calendar.
With this extension you will
- Follow and never miss your Facebook friends' birthdays.
- Generate and export a calendar with all your Facebook friends' birthdays.
- See number of your friends having birthday today at the extension "cake" icon.
- Have a birthdays' calendar overview.
The birthdays calendar can be exported in `ICS` format.
Dates of birth can be downloaded as the `CSV` file as well.
* ICS is a universal calendar format used by Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar, and Apple Calendar.
* CSV file format used by Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
At the end of the process a file named `birthday-calendar.ics` will be downloaded automatically to your Downloads folder.
Use the generated file to import your friends' birthdays to your favorite calendar program.
I strongly recommend creating a new Birthday themed sub-calendar and use it for imports.
Question: I have accidentally exported birthdays to my main calendar, how to reverse it?
Answer: Only Google Calendar properly supports event removal. Head to the "Download Calendar" tab and use "Delete Imported ICS from Google Calendar". A file named `delete-birthday-calendar.ics` will be downloaded. Import the file to the respective calendar.
Question: Is it possible to remove some of the contacts before importing to the calendar?
Answer: There is command line tool you can use: https://github.com/guenter-r/calendar_file_splitter
- Dates of birth can be downloaded as the `CSV` file.
- A scrollable calendar with a list of friends' birthdays.
- Number of birthdays displayed on the "cake" icon after scanning Facebook friends' birthdays.
- Date format can be changed for CSV format.
- Sophisticated work with a Facebook apis, fast and safe.
- Better UI and UX.
- Remove imported events from Google Calendar
- Export as CSV
- Works with both new and old Facebook.
- Makes ajax requests instead of scrolling the birthday page down.
- Fixed issue with missing persons on month joints.
- All the events are recurring now, and will be repeated yearly.
- Events will appear as 'FREE' instead of 'BUSY'
- Bug Fix: When Facebook interface was set to 'English (UK)' calendar generated wrong dates.
- Supported facebook languages: English (UK), English (US), Русский, Українська, עברית
Things to improve
It is open source, feel free to check it here: https://github.com/zagushka/birthday-calendar-extractor
- Option to edit birthdays before generating the calendar file.
- Direct export to Google Calendar.