Cross-post Mastodon toots to Twitter.
Sometimes you want to cross-post some of your toots to Twitter—but not all of them. This extension allows you to post selected toots to your Twitter account.
- Cross-post a toot to Twitter right from the Mastodon web app.
- Attached images are also cross-posted.
- Toots longer than a tweet are truncated, with a link to the original toot.
How to use
1. Install the extension;
2. Open the web page of your favorite Mastodon instance;
3. Type your toot;
4. Click the “Also send to the bird site” button in the toot compose form;
If you are not authenticated on Twitter yet, a pop-up will open to authenticate you, and to ask for permission to post the tweet in your name. You only have to do this once.
Afterwards, toots sent while the button is enabled will also be posted to your Twitter account.
- Prefer cross-posting from Twitter (or TweetDeck) to Mastodon? Have a look at the great “Tooter” browser extension.
- Rather have all your toots and tweets cross-posted automatically? Try the awesome “Mastodon Twitter Poster”, and setup automatic mirroring between your microblogging accounts.
- Using native mobile apps? The “Twidere” app can cross-post to both Mastodon and Twitter.