Adds a panel to the Chrome Developer Tools that provides a multi-line split console, like in Firebug.
- Vertical split style multiline REPL
- Syntax highlighting and nice editor things thanks to Ace Editor
- Pretty-printed output
- "Run" button or CTRL+Enter to execute code
- "Clear" button to clear REPL
- "History" drop-down to restore previously executed code
Compared to Chrome Dev Tools' built-in Snippets editor, BigConsole aims to help users iterate and try out code faster. Where Snippets is more like a light IDE, BigConsole is simpler and geared towards iterating on code as quickly as possible in a multiline, syntax-highlighted REPL.
Using FirebugLite is another possible alternative, but it has a number of limitations.
The code is available at https://github.com/IceCreamYou/Chrome-BigConsole - contributions are welcome!