Best garden furniture items your home must have…
Best garden furniture items your home must have
Garden furniture adds that missing charm to your garden and should be chosen according to the setup that you want to create outside so that you can host your guests and organize small parties that would stay memorable. You can take a look at the garden furniture available at rattanfurnitureuk.co.uk and get your hands on some amazing pieces. Furthermore, here is a list of the garden furniture items that can be used in the homes:
Tables and Chairs
• Pick up material such as oak for the outdoors as it offers vintage and traditional look to the garden. But you need to be extra careful with such type of furniture as it gets easily affected by sunlight and moisture. In addition to that, you also need to keep treating the furniture with varnish or oil that would protect the surface from peeling out during the winter season.
• Teak is another type of material which is ideal for the garden furniture as it provides the required protection from the external factors but it is quite expensive.
• Plastic is another popular material that is used for the garden furniture and is quite cheaper and does get damaged because of rot, mold or rust. However, the only issue with this material is that its color fades away eventually if such a furniture item is left outside in the sun for a long time. You just need a damp cloth to clean a plastic chair and you are done with the routine maintenance.
• Synthetic rattan can be used instead of natural rattan and does not even costs much as the latter one. Also, it requires less maintenance which is a plus point when you are considering garden furniture.
• Metal is also one of those materials which are highly used for the outdoor furniture as it is strong and durable. Wrought iron is one of the best materials for the outdoor furniture as it gives a classic outlook. To make the metal chair comfortable to sit on, use cushions for extra support. Always make sure that you use furniture that comes with an anti-corrosive coating so that it does not get harmed during the rains.
Small garden chairs
• Choose lightweight garden chairs if you want something stackable and easily movable furniture items that can be used when sudden guests arrive at home.
• A two-seater bench, on the other hand, can be used if there is limited space in the garden and you want to position them in a particular manner.
• A rocking or swinging chair or a bench is ideal when you want just to use the garden space for complete relaxation. On one hand where the rocking chairs require a firm base, the swinging chairs need a secure beam that helps in fixing them.
• Always make sure that you apply garden paint on the furniture elements as that protects them from the external elements and makes them durable.
Loungers make for a comfortable piece of furniture in the garden and can be availed in several adjustable designs that come with the option of lying down and sitting. With these, you can pick up seating covers or removable which can be changed during the rainy forecast. Moreover, the loungers are less used during the winter season so these can be folded easily and kept in the attic until they are ready to be used again.
When it comes to the outdoor rugs, these should be chosen on the basis of durability as they stay exposed to a lot of external factors such as rain, sun, dirt, etc., and you would not an accessory that gets spoiled quite early on and requires a lot of maintenance. Thus, it is necessary that you choose a material that remains comfortable under your feet such as jute, hemp or sisal and does not gets spoiled easily.
Poufs are a great accessory as they can be availed in different colors, patterns, and fabric are extremely comfortable to sit on. These are lightweight and add a fun element to a rather specific garden decor. Moreover, if you want something quirky, you can always experiment with poufs in different sizes and shapes for a completely unique outdoor setup.
Patio Fire Pit
For the winter months, the fire pit works really well as you can light it up and sit around it for warmth. Or if you wish to organize a summer party during the night hours, then you can keep the pit for decor effect.
Sun Shade Canopy
A canopy works well as a seating area during the summers as it provides shelter and prevents direct sun exposure. While choosing this furniture item, always make sure that you use a light fabric over the canopy so that it keeps the ambiance summery and gives a pleasant feeling while you are having family meals or dinner or just lounging around.