Multiplayer Battles in your New Tab
Play with Friends! Battles with viking ships in your browser new tab with your friends and other players. Queue up multiple matches and play a few seconds at a time in-between studying / working!
- if you want to keep your default new tab page, you can also turn off the new tab mode in the settings and play using the browser button.
- Super Bite-sized Gameplay, Perfect for the Few Seconds You Have to Take a Break in-between Tasks
- Play with Your Friends!
- Intense Multiplayer Action with Unique Ships and Monsters
- Turn-based Classic Gameplay with Exciting Special Attacks
- Two game modes. Play Intense mode in real-time, or take longer turns in Casual mode.
- Queue Up Multiple Matches
How to Play BattleTabs: http://bit.ly/play-battletabs
🛶Questions? Feedback? Latest News? Find us on:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BattleTabs
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BattleTabsGame/
- To support the development on the game, we may show advertisements in the product. We will make sure they don't detract from the experience of the game!
- WebGL required (we will support non-WebGL devices soon!)
⛵️Updates: (more on battletabs.com/update-log)
**New in 8.0 (08/04/2021)**
- Battle Club finally enters a closed alpha! What is Battle Club? Well the first rule of Battle Club is that you dont talk about Battle Club! ... just kidding, we are just doing some testing on it first then if everything goes well we will open it up to everyone and make an announcement!
- Private battles no longer count against your battle proposal limit.
- Your opponent's ship icons now glow when they use a ship's ability letting you know which ship they used.
**New in 7.0 (02/04/2021)**
- Increased the cooldown for the longboat from 3 to 4 turns
- Fixed a bug that was causing friend invite links not to work on extension
- Casual battle invite links are no longer automatically cancelled when you close the game
- Battle invite links should be working once again on web
**New in 6.1 (30/03/2021)**
- Hopefully fixed "Its not your turn" errors, this should also hopefully fix issues people have been having where they cant take a turn
- The turtles shape icon is now the correct way round which now correctly shows one of its possible rotations
- Better performance when taking turns, particularly for battles with a large number of events
- Tweaked the Seamonster's description
- Better handling of missing fleets
- iPad should now be playable once more (whoops!)
- New favicon for battletabs.io
- Page title once again correct for the extension newtab
- Fixed a typo in the enjoy BattleTabs button
- Fixed a typo in the update modal
**New in 6.0 (30/03/2021)**
- New fleet "Naval Intelligence" - Scout your enemy ahead of one relentless attack!
- You can only timeout once in casual battles and twice in a row in intense before you loose.
- Updated Seamonster description (to bring it inline with the change in v5)
- New sound effects for a few things.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing players from starting intense battles on battletabs.io while having the extension installed but no newtab open.
- The board no longer animates in if the battle is underway. This allows faster switching of battles for people on lower-specced machines.
- "Its not your turn" errors should no longer happen as battles can now be "replayed" (feature coming up that takes advantage of this more!)
**New in 5.0 (20/03/2021)**
- The sea monster's attack can no longer hit rocks
- Fixed an issue where intense battle invites would immediately close the window on battletabs.io
- Ship animations no longer loop at exactly the same time
- Added some floating text for the reveal effect
- Floating text now stays on the screen longer so it can be read more easily
- Friend Invites now should count to the number shown on the battletabs icon in the extension browser icon
- Added a "Battle Surrendered" message to battletabs live
- Ships should now bob up and down along with the cell when they get hit
**New in 4.4 (11/03/2021)**
- Admin menu now should no longer be visible in the options
- Battle Invite link should now longer be to the correct URL
- Toucan ad removed if screen is too small or is on mobile
**New in 4.3 (10/03/2021)**
- Fixed an issue where the countdown timer wasnt working correctly on the "waiting for intense battle" modal.
- Scaled down the sonar effect a little
- Added some GDPR stuff to the web version of the game
- Some other internal performance improving work
**New in 4.2 (06/03/2021)**
- Tweaked the Toucan Ad on the sidebar so that it looks better on mobile and is correctly labeled as a sponsor
- Fixed a bug that caused a sound effect to play when a tab is opened
**New in 4.1 (04/03/2021)**
- You can now directly invite people to battle via a link from the new "New Battle" screen.
- If a player uninstalls the extension all their active battles are now automatically surrendered (trying to reduce "ghosting")
- A bunch of new sound effects littered throughout the game and more to come :)
- New ad for a really cool service "Toucan"
- New effects for the Reveal and Sonar abilities
- Enhanced the "ship hit" effect
- Tweaked the text on the placing ships screen for players with longer names
- Finding worthy opponent modal now looks a bit nicer
- New icons for the Battle Type (intense, casual)
**New in 4.0 (21/02/2021)**
- Added a (much requested) surrender button below your fleet name
- The Octopus's ability no longer can hit rocks
- If you timeout your ability cooldown will now decrease
- Removed the middle finger emoji
- You can now report inappropriate users from the Profile Modal.
**New in 3.5 (16/02/2021)**
- Added the user's Id to the profile modal so you can easily copy and paste
- Added the "randomise" button back into the ship placement screen
- Fixed a crash on the web version that would happen if you try to login the first time
- Not showing the count down timer on the tutorial before its introduced
**New in 3.4 (11/02/2021)**
- Finally located the issue that is causing a crash for people before the game even loads
**New in 3.3 (10/02/2021)**
- Better logging to help with tracking down bugs
- Topsites is back again on the Homepage
- Fixed an issue that some users were seeing on the view prompt modal
**New in 3.2 (09/02/2021)**
- Fixed cannot find resource in cache error
- Hopefully fixed an error some users were seeing a blank screen on startup
**New in 3.1 (08/02/2021)**
- Intense battles now have a turn time of 25 seconds down from 30
- Longboat combo attack no longer can be used on a tile you have just hit
- Waiting proposals should now correctly be removed from the sidebar
- Turn timer text should no longer be selectable on the ship placement screen
- If you have no losses for a fleet then the "win rate" stat will no longer show "?"
**New in 3.0 (06/02/2021)**
- New fleet "vikings"
- Killer Squid's ability has been tweaked so that it no longer requires a revealed tile with a ship on it to be used, it can be targeted on a revealed tile without a ship too.
- Hopefully fixed ability rotation on devices that support touch input.
- Fixed abilities not being triggerable from the icon on devices that support touch input.
- Abilities should no longer rotate and fire when clicked on devices that support touch.
- Improved tutorial for those users on smaller devices.
- Fixed daily highscores showing days > 30, whoops!
**New in 2.17 (17/01/2021)**
- Fixed an issue where right clicking a ship ability would trigger the ability AND rotate it. It should ONLY rotate the ability. This has now been fixed (thanks to all that helped with this one)
- Fixed an issue where the turn time was showing strange values (discord community help)
- Correctly centered the turn time
- Hovering over a ship should once again show the tooltip (thanks discord community!)
- The daily highscores should no longer critical error when you open it, whoops! (thanks again discord community)
- Fixed the wait time for battles so it no longer says 51 years :P (thanks again discord)
- Reduced the volume on the bomb drop sound effect (thanks again discord, fubster, for this one!)
**New in 2.12 (11/01/2020)**
- Settings are now persisted on the server
- Lots of low level changes in preparation for some exciting upcoming features
**New in 2.11 (29/12/2020)**
- Fixed a number of issues that could happen if you had low FPS but fast fingers and clicked buttons multiple times
- Fixed an issue that would cause many battles to be proposed from the same person when the server restarts
- Fixed an issue with casual battles where the time would briefly show a very large number
- Combo attack on the longboat can no longer be used on cells that have already been hit
- If you timeout while using the longboat's combo attack it should no longer break the battle
- The turtle's ability is no longer be targetable on "hit" cells
**New in 2.10 (17/12/2020)**
- HO HO HO!!
- Fixed an issue in "Accept Rematch" which was causing problems if the opponent cancelled the invite
- Fixed an issue in ResizeObserver throwing errors
**New in 2.9 (11/12/2020)**
- New Authentication! You can now signup and login using credentials or with Google or Discord. This opens up a whole bunch of cool integration stuff going forwards and allows us to move away from being just a Chrome Extension. This should also allow others that play BattleTabs on Firefox or Edge to save their account
**New in 2.8 (02/12/2020)**
- Rematch button on the game over modal now sends a rematch straight away and allows you accept an incoming rematch in an effort to prevent duplicate rematches.
- Theres a new indicator that appears above each avatar in the battle to let you know who's turn it is.
- Browser icon badge number now also shows the number of battle invites you have
- The list of battles that are your turn now show above waiting battles on the sidebar
- Timer no longer shows when the battle is over
- Fixed a bug that was related to a missing old asset
- It now only requires 2 wins instead of 3 to unlock the Rogue fleet
- The "Emote Wheel" now has twice as many emojis on it
- The critical error modal has been improved
- Fixed an issue that meant some people on smaller screens could not place ships correctly because they could not click through the text on the right hand side of the screen.
- Falling tiles animation has been made to be frame-independent, should make things a bit nicer for those on slower devices
- Sidebar and turn indicator on the HUD are both now equivalent
**New in 2.7 (19/11/2020)**
- New modal for showing your user profile, this lets you change your name and avatar too
- New ad for breakshot pool game
- Fixed an error that was causing a crash when changing battles
**New in 2.6 (13/11/2020)**
- More critical errors should now be caught and gracefully handled
- Fixed a bug where the game would error if your turn timed out while in combo mode
**New in 2.5 (12/11/2020)**
- Fixed an issue with the new countdown
- Casual battle invites no longer only have 45 seconds for setup and instead have the correct 1 day
- Predicted queue time should now correctly refresh
**New in 2.4 (12/11/2020)**
- Added a new "Update Available" button
- New countdown GUI around the player's avatar
- Tweaked the connection disconnect alert
- Bigger avatars!
**New in 2.3 (07/11/2020)**
- New Game Over view, with Add Friend and Rematch buttons
- Discord button!
- Added support for canvas when hardware acceleration is not supported
- Added some performance improvements
**New in 2.0 (26/10/2020)**
- New abilities and special attacks!
- New ships, new monsters!