Multiplayer Battles in your New Tab
Play with Friends! Battles with viking ships in your browser new tab with your friends and other players. Queue up multiple matches and play a few seconds at a time in-between studying / working!
- if you want to keep your default new tab page, you can also turn off the new tab mode in the settings and play using the browser button.
- Super Bite-sized Gameplay, Perfect for the Few Seconds You Have to Take a Break in-between Tasks
- Play with Your Friends!
- Intense Multiplayer Action with Unique Ships and Monsters
- Turn-based Classic Gameplay with Exciting Special Attacks
- Two game modes. Play Intense mode in real-time, or take longer turns in Casual mode.
- Queue Up Multiple Matches
How to Play BattleTabs: http://bit.ly/play-battletabs
🛶Questions? Feedback? Latest News? Find us on:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BattleTabs
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BattleTabsGame/
- To support the development on the game, we may show advertisements in the product. We will make sure they don't detract from the experience of the game!
- WebGL required (we will support non-WebGL devices soon!)
⛵️Updates: (more on battletabs.com/update-log)
**New in 12.0 (19/06/2021)**
- Making it much more obvious that the battle you are about to play is on a lower version than you and the consequences of that.
- No longer adding discord info to battletabs live messages to prevent being "pinged"
- Some tweaks to "!bt player" (thanks Fubster)
- Added a slight delay to reveals after the attack, making the Crafty Crabs ability more obvious
**New in 11.0 (18/06/2021)**
- New ship "Crafty Crab" this is our first "passive" ability ship and are excited to see what you think.
- "Electric Eels" is no longer a BC only ship and is available to non-BC members!
- Players online / offline status is now shown in various places
- Fixed an issue where players with names longer than 40 chars were breaking others when inviting
- Discord command "!bt player" now lists multiple players if there are multiple with the same name
- Added a new visual effect to the game for "Electric Eels" and "Longsub" when they reveal.
**New in 10.8 (31/05/2021)**
- Fixed a bug where clicking the browser icon wouldnt open the game
- Announcement modal should once again show when it is suppoed to
**New in 10.7 (27/05/2021)**
- The address bar now updates as you play the game. This means you can now use the back and forward arrows to navigate.
- Mod renames must now follow the same naming rules as players
- Bing search is used instead of Google for the Edge extension
- Can no longer start a private battle with yourself
**New in 10.6 (20/05/2021)**
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the "Report User" modal from showing
- The BattleClub stats should now be auto-updating once more
- Fixed the eel's reveal stats
- Removed the sound effect that indicates you have unhandled friend invites from playing every single time you open the pgae
- Recalculate stats discord command should now take into account V1 battles
- Reporting a player now additionally sends a message to the mods on discord and emails the developers
- Added a search box to the friends modal
- Tweaked the text on the update required modal
- Can now open the player profile modal from a public invite in the sidebar
- Fixed a bug where free BC members would have their custom avatar changed each time they refreshed the page
- Added a small message to let you know when you have reported a player
- Preventing the out-of-sync modal from opening so much
- Fixed BattleTabs live so that it no longer thinks the battle was won due to timeout when it wasnt (thanks to everyone that reported this one, sorry it took so long to fix!)
- Added a new prompt to install the extension from battletabs.io
- Removed the redundant "settings" icon from the homepage icons
**New in 10.5 (15/05/2021)**
- The "Waiting for Intense battle" modal now shows again
- The Discord bot now only accepts a "mixed id" for sensitive commands that could be confused by players that have the same name.
- Added a new Discord bot command for mods that allows them to recalculate a player's stats.
- Added a new command that allows the devs to award free BattleClub
- New notifications letting you know if someone accepted or declined friend invites or battle invites
**New in 10.4 (13/05/2021)**
- Fixed an issue that would mean you could not use "comboing" ships (Longboat and Medium Galleon) if you switch away from the battle mid-combo.
- Added new "Battle Won" and "Battle Lost" sound effects
- Discord command "!bt rename" now supports discord usernames as identifiers
- Fixed an issue that would cause the game to stutter right as the cannon ball lands in the water
- Changed some of the default emotes that appear in the wheel.
- Internally changed how modals work, please let us know if you see any oddness with modals as a result of this.
**New in 10.3 (11/05/2021)**
- Fixed an issue that was causing user stats to not be refreshed when opening the profile modal. Whoops! This should now work as intended once again. If you are still experiencing stats oddness please report it.
- You can now edit your email address
- You can now link your discord or google account even if the email differs from your BattleTabs one
- The discord bot now reports the user's custom fleet names when running "!bt player"
- New discord command "!be me" outputs you (if you have linked your discord to BattleTabs)
- Enhanced the "!bt list-matches" command so it looks a bit better
- Help command now filters commands depending if you have permission to use them or not
- Community mods can now use the "Mod" commands, whoops!
- New discord command "!bt invite" lets you invite a player to battle
- Can now use discord usernames for many of the discord bot commands
- Added the "BattleId" to the match info modal, this will help with debugging some match related issues.
- Ship stats now list the reveals
- Ship stats looks a bit better now.
**New in 10.2 (10/05/2021)**
- Discord Bot now accepts a limited number of commands type "!bt" to see what's available
- More controls for mods to rename and lock abusive player names and fleet names
**New in 10.1 (07/05/2021)**
- Fixed critical error that would happen if you accepted a battle invite, sorry about that!
- Fixed a critical error that would happen if you were on v9 and you played a battle against someone on v10. Sorry about this too. Unfortunately these v9 + v10 battles will still be broken for you even after this release if you are on v9 but should be playable on v10. Can you please play on https://battletabs.io until v10 is more widely available on the extension. Thanks :)
- Tweaked the fleet slot unlocked text, thanks to those in Discord for helping with this.
- Extension will now attempt to force-check version updates from Google under some circumstances.
**New in 10.0 (06/05/2021)**
- New major feature: Custom Fleets! Design your own fleets and battle them against your opponents!
- Fixed a bug that was preventing adding friends from the Game Over modal
- Fixed and improved the invite friend to battle page
- Longboat has been nerfed, its ability now has a 5 turn cooldown and can attack a maximum of 5 times.
- Fixed a bug where the longboat's ability could be reset if you let it timeout while mid-combo
- Tweaked volume of some sound effects
- Removed sound effect from mouse out on sidebar buttons
- Updated the Toucan Ad in the sidebar
- "Cannot invite user, not online" will no longer critical error
- Added a small info popup to the fleet selection screen to let you know what battle version you are running.
**New in 9.1 (30/04/2021)**
- Fixed an issue where the player name was missing from the highscores modals.
**New in 9.0 (29/04/2021)**
- New Fleet "Solo Warriors" - "A healthy balance of recon-style abilities and attacks. All-rounder."
- Some big changes under the hood to how state is managed. If there are any strange issues or bugs then please report them!
- Now detects if the local system time is a long way from the server time and shows a modal explaining how to fix it. Massive thanks to @icicle for helping us get to the bottom of this one!
- Emojis now use the native OS level notifications everywhere.
- Sped up the emote wheel opening.
- Turning off the newtab option should now work again, sorry about that!
- Added "BattleClub" badge to the avatars in the highscores
- New BattleClub members are now automatically added and removed from the private BattleClub channel
- The notification number in the browser (extension) should now once again go up or down depending on how many battles / friend invites etc are waiting for you.
- Tweaked the checkout text.
**New in 8.1 (21/04/2021)**
- Improvements to BC payment and management based on Alpha feedback.
- Added 2 More backgrounds for BC homepage customisation
**New in 8.0 (08/04/2021)**
- Battle Club finally enters a closed alpha! What is Battle Club? Well the first rule of Battle Club is that you dont talk about Battle Club! ... just kidding, we are just doing some testing on it first then if everything goes well we will open it up to everyone and make an announcement!
- Private battles no longer count against your battle proposal limit.
- Your opponent's ship icons now glow when they use a ship's ability letting you know which ship they used.
**New in 7.0 (02/04/2021)**
- Increased the cooldown for the longboat from 3 to 4 turns
- Fixed a bug that was causing friend invite links not to work on extension
- Casual battle invite links are no longer automatically cancelled when you close the game
- Battle invite links should be working once again on web
**New in 6.1 (30/03/2021)**
- Hopefully fixed "Its not your turn" errors, this should also hopefully fix issues people have been having where they cant take a turn
- The turtles shape icon is now the correct way round which now correctly shows one of its possible rotations
- Better performance when taking turns, particularly for battles with a large number of events
- Tweaked the Seamonster's description
- Better handling of missing fleets
- iPad should now be playable once more (whoops!)
- New favicon for battletabs.io
- Page title once again correct for the extension newtab
- Fixed a typo in the enjoy BattleTabs button
- Fixed a typo in the update modal
**New in 6.0 (30/03/2021)**
- New fleet "Naval Intelligence" - Scout your enemy ahead of one relentless attack!
- You can only timeout once in casual battles and twice in a row in intense before you loose.
- Updated Seamonster description (to bring it inline with the change in v5)
- New sound effects for a few things.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing players from starting intense battles on battletabs.io while having the extension installed but no newtab open.
- The board no longer animates in if the battle is underway. This allows faster switching of battles for people on lower-specced machines.
- "Its not your turn" errors should no longer happen as battles can now be "replayed" (feature coming up that takes advantage of this more!)
**New in 5.0 (20/03/2021)**
- The sea monster's attack can no longer hit rocks
- Fixed an issue where intense battle invites would immediately close the window on battletabs.io
- Ship animations no longer loop at exactly the same time
- Added some floating text for the reveal effect
- Floating text now stays on the screen longer so it can be read more easily
- Friend Invites now should count to the number shown on the battletabs icon in the extension browser icon
- Added a "Battle Surrendered" message to battletabs live
- Ships should now bob up and down along with the cell when they get hit
**New in 4.4 (11/03/2021)**
- Admin menu now should no longer be visible in the options
- Battle Invite link should now longer be to the correct URL
- Toucan ad removed if screen is too small or is on mobile
**New in 4.3 (10/03/2021)**
- Fixed an issue where the countdown timer wasnt working correctly on the "waiting for intense battle" modal.
- Scaled down the sonar effect a little
- Added some GDPR stuff to the web version of the game
- Some other internal performance improving work
**New in 4.2 (06/03/2021)**
- Tweaked the Toucan Ad on the sidebar so that it looks better on mobile and is correctly labeled as a sponsor
- Fixed a bug that caused a sound effect to play when a tab is opened
**New in 4.1 (04/03/2021)**
- You can now directly invite people to battle via a link from the new "New Battle" screen.
- If a player uninstalls the extension all their active battles are now automatically surrendered (trying to reduce "ghosting")
- A bunch of new sound effects littered throughout the game and more to come :)
- New ad for a really cool service "Toucan"
- New effects for the Reveal and Sonar abilities
- Enhanced the "ship hit" effect
- Tweaked the text on the placing ships screen for players with longer names
- Finding worthy opponent modal now looks a bit nicer
- New icons for the Battle Type (intense, casual)
**New in 4.0 (21/02/2021)**
- Added a (much requested) surrender button below your fleet name
- The Octopus's ability no longer can hit rocks
- If you timeout your ability cooldown will now decrease
- Removed the middle finger emoji
- You can now report inappropriate users from the Profile Modal.
**New in 3.5 (16/02/2021)**
- Added the user's Id to the profile modal so you can easily copy and paste
- Added the "randomise" button back into the ship placement screen
- Fixed a crash on the web version that would happen if you try to login the first time
- Not showing the count down timer on the tutorial before its introduced
**New in 3.4 (11/02/2021)**
- Finally located the issue that is causing a crash for people before the game even loads
**New in 3.3 (10/02/2021)**
- Better logging to help with tracking down bugs
- Topsites is back again on the Homepage
- Fixed an issue that some users were seeing on the view prompt modal
**New in 3.2 (09/02/2021)**
- Fixed cannot find resource in cache error
- Hopefully fixed an error some users were seeing a blank screen on startup
**New in 3.1 (08/02/2021)**
- Intense battles now have a turn time of 25 seconds down from 30
- Longboat combo attack no longer can be used on a tile you have just hit
- Waiting proposals should now correctly be removed from the sidebar
- Turn timer text should no longer be selectable on the ship placement screen
- If you have no losses for a fleet then the "win rate" stat will no longer show "?"
**New in 3.0 (06/02/2021)**
- New fleet "vikings"
- Killer Squid's ability has been tweaked so that it no longer requires a revealed tile with a ship on it to be used, it can be targeted on a revealed tile without a ship too.
- Hopefully fixed ability rotation on devices that support touch input.
- Fixed abilities not being triggerable from the icon on devices that support touch input.
- Abilities should no longer rotate and fire when clicked on devices that support touch.
- Improved tutorial for those users on smaller devices.
- Fixed daily highscores showing days > 30, whoops!