Multiplayer Battleships in your New Tab
Play the classic battle ships in your browser in the new tab. Queue up multiple matches and play a few seconds at a time in-between your browsing sessions! (note: if you want to keep your default new tab view, you can also turn off the new tab mode in the settings and play using the browser button. )
- Super Bite-sized Gameplay, Perfect for the Few Seconds You Have to Take a Break in-between Tasks
- Intense Multiplayer Action
- Turn-based Classic Gameplay
- Queue Up Multiple Matches
- and a Kraken
How to Play Battle Tabs: http://bit.ly/play-battletabs
🛶Questions? Feedback? Latest News? Find us on:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BattleTabs
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BattleTabsGame/
* New in 1.25 (15/01/2019) *
- Changed email subject when contacting us for support
- Avatars now show their Google picture if they have signed in
* New in 1.24 (14/01/2019) *
- Sockets are now responding to updates from the server, removing the need for polling. This should dramatically increase match speed and allow future realtime features.
* New in 1.23 (11/01/2019) *
- New socket based API in preparation for upcoming realtime features.
- Fixed match info screen closing when you roll out of the menu
* New in 1.22 (09/01/2019) *
- When creating a match you can now choose from two different play styles. "Intense" - 30 seconds turn time or "Casual" - the usual 24 hours turn time.
- Clicking the browser bar icon now jumps you straight into the most relevant match rather than showing the google search screen
- Clicking a notification now correctly opens you up into the match even if you have new tab mode turned off
* New in 1.21 (06/01/2019) *
- Login with Google to save progress across devices and more!
- New, more prominent tip to inform players who don't want to have their new tab page replaced.
- Spelling mistakes corrected
* New in 1.20 (03/01/2019) *
- The icon in the browser now shows a small badge with the number of matches where its your turn.
- Added the ability to no longer show the custom new tab page, this setting can be accessed in the options. You can choose to set it to the default chrome new tab page or any URL you want.
- Improved UI scaling for avatars, should now correctly fit thin screens.
* New in 1.19 (02/01/2019) *
- Fixed an issue that was causing performance issues on the dashboard screen
- Stopped clouds from jumping around when taking turns
* New in 1.18 (21/12/2019) *
- Some minor UI tweaks
- New prompt for feedback
- Better handling of uninstalls
* New in 1.17 (18/12/2019) *
- New sky background
- Tweaked the layout of avatars and board scaling
- Polished various screens and popups to improve appearance
- Added new images to match over popups
* New in 1.16 (17/12/2019) *
- Large parts of the server and polling code re-written to improve performance and fix server-side errors.
- Tweaked some copy
- Better notifications; uses the avatar image of your opponent, only sends notification if there isn't a new tab open (prevents notification spam when in a live battle)
* New in 1.15 (13/12/2019) *
- Better on-boarding flow for new users, now includes gifs
- Beta ribbon now links to reddit
- Updates now moved into the options page, click the browser button now opens a new tab
- References to trello removed from the extension, Reddit is now the place to go.
- Game Over Modal has been improved to include a start a new match button
- Search box size increased on the omnibox view
- Added a question mark button to the dash to help new players
- Cleaned the dashboard up a little so that many of the options are now under a menu
* New in 1.14 (12/12/2019) *
- A new blank tab is opened when the extension is first installed
- Various minor ui improvements
- Links to twitter and reddit added to the main dashboard
- Support links changed to point to reddit instead of twitter
* New in 1.13 (11/12/2019) *
- Added a new default screen to show a search field and your most used sites. This way you don't always have to see the game with each new tab, but have access to your matches at the bottom. You might have to grant additional permissions for this to work as we are showing you your most used sites. .
- Some other minor visual improvements
* New in 1.11 (06/12/2019) *
- Added a Welcome popup immediately after creating the first battle, introducing new players to the game and explaining some basics.
* New in 1.10 (02/12/2019)*
- Added a survey form when people uninstall so we can understand how we can improve Battle Tabs.
* New in 1.9 (29/11/2019) *
- New Match button should now be greyed out if you cant create a new match
- Fixed a bug that would happen if you quickly changed matches while a bomb was dropping
- Fixed a spelling error in a notification (thanks to @lojk1 on the Trello Board for this one)
- Fixed an issue that meant a full match refresh would only return a limited number of matches
* New in 1.8 (18/11/2019) *
- Auth state should now be synced to all your devices. That means so long as you are logged into chrome using the same user you can continue to play the same matches on all your devices!
* New in 1.7 (15/11/2019) *
- Welcome to the first version of BattleTabs!
- We are currently in Beta so expect there to be some small issue.
- If you discover a bug or have a suggestion for feature please do use the buttons below :)
- Happy gaming!