Ethical recommendations while you shop
Balu helps you shop better. With Balu you can do something amazing for the world with every purchase.
Balu lets you find organisations that pioneer new and better ways of doing business.
- Support communities, not corporations; pay not profits
- Heal, not hurt, the environment
- Proactively support people escaping from in-work poverty
- Demonstrate that successful business can go hand-in-hand with respect for our planet and its people
The Balu search algorithms detect what you're shopping for and let you know the most socially and environmentally responsible organisations out there.
- Works for most major fashion and grocery retailers.
- Ethical alternatives displayed in a sidebar, and on the Balu icon in your Chrome toolbar.
- Hide specific brands you don’t like; vote brands up or down.
- Submit your own favourite brands to be included in Balu’s recommendations.
- Option to prevent the sidebar appearing - click on the icon to see the ethical alternatives instead.
- Free and easy to install.
Balu is currently in Beta and any feedback is welcomed; get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Balu only works on the latest versions of Chrome - please make sure you have updated Chrome recently.
The Chrome Web Store displays a standard privacy warning whenever someone installs an extension. Balu takes your privacy very seriously - read our privacy statement here: www.getbalu.org/webapp/privacy.html