Blurs out your background during a Google Meet or Hangouts video call.
Have to take a video call, but don't want people to be distracted by your background? Use this free chrome extension that blurs out your background during a Google Meet or Hangouts video call.
* Control your desired level of blur: Use the slider to change the amount of background blur.
* Privacy focused: All image processing happens locally in your browser.
* On / Off switch: Easily turn the background blur on or off during a call using the On / Off switch at the top left of your screen.
If you want to completely turn off the extension, go to chrome://extension and switch the extension off, then click reload on any active Google Meet or Hangouts call.
This chrome extension works thanks to Google's open source TensorFlow JS and Bodypix model which allow for image segmentation to occur entirely within your browser, without a server.
- If you switch tabs, your video will stop. This is to preserve battery life.
- If you have a high resolution video camera, this chrome extension may lower your video resolution to perform well.
- Sometimes the background blur doesn't accurately or consistently blur out all parts of the background.
1. Install the chrome extension by clicking the “Add to Chrome” button at the top of this page.
2. Go to meet.google.com or hangouts.google.com and start or join a video call.
3. Click the Blur: Off / On button at the top left of your screen to turn the background blur effect off or on.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com . We hope that you enjoy using it.